(Please excuse cross-posting.)
Why do people love their jobs at HOWARD COUNTY LIBRARY? Because we are
a first-rate, dynamic organization that stands for excellence in
education. A nationally recognized leader among the great public
library systems, Howard County Library offers a friendly,
collaborative work environment with a benefits package which includes
14 paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal leave --- and the day
off for your birthday!
We are currently seeking a Web Programmer.
Brief Summary of Duties:
* Develops and designs interactive/dynamic website
* Works with IT team members, Information Services staff, and vendors
to analyze potential web-based software requirements and create and
* Participates in integrating functionality of new software with
* Participates in planning the design and architecture of Howard
County Library systems
* Performs coding and testing
* Develops test cases, identify and resolve errors
* Tracks reported programming problems and resolutions for future reference
Consider joining our dynamic, business-minded, talented team that
delivers high-quality public education for all ages through a
curriculum that comprises Three Pillars: Self-Directed Education,
Research Assistance & Instruction, and Instructive & Enlightening
Experiences. HCL’s customer base, a community of 275,000 people visit
HCL’s six branches 3M times each year to borrow 7.2M items, seek
research assistance (1.4M sessions), and attend award-winning classes
and events (186K attendees).
Interested? To view the full listing and apply for this position,
visit our website at <http://www.hclibrary.org>!