*Please Excuse Cross Posting*
This is the second of two new positions at Lyrasis:
Position: LYRASIS Systems Administrator with LAMP Scripting Skills
LYRASIS, the nationís largest library membership organization, invites candidates to apply for the position of Systems Administrator with LAMP Scripting Skills. This position is responsible for configuring and managing Debian or Ubuntu Linuxvirtual servers for PostgreSQL, MySQL, Evergreen, D-Space, Drupal and otherapplications, in addition to providing assistance in implementing IT best practices and helping to instruct other colleagues in Linux system administration and scripting for system administration.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Manager, LyrasisTechnology Services
* Creates tools and infrastructure for configuration management, moving software from development to production.
* Creates and maintains software to build, package, and deploy applications to development, test, and production environments.
* Works with application developers to devise robust deployment, operating, monitoring, reporting, and control solutions for their apps
* Installing security and bug fix updates
* Assisting in the planning and execution of application and operating system upgrades
* Experience with some or all of the following:
Knowledge of IT Best Practices
Knowledge of backup and recovery methods
LAMP Application Development
Java and Java Script
MYSQL Database programming
Issue tracking systems
* Minimum 1-4 yrs Linux system administration
* Ability to troubleshoot application, database, network, and OS related issues; ability to analyze stack trace, heap dump; profiler knowledge a plus.
* Understanding of the software development life cycle
* Understanding of incident, problem, change, and release management practices
* Experience administering Java applications
* Proven ability to interact with technical project leads, developers, quality assurance, and business team
* Excellent communication skills
Highly desirable qualifications for this position include:
Experience with Evergreen, D Space or Drupal in a library or higher education environment.
Strong technical skills, the ability and desire to stay abreast of new leading edge technology, and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Demonstrated understanding of current trends and issues in user services in a rapidly changing electronic environment and knowledge of technology developments in Libraries or Higher Education.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
LYRASISí attractive benefits package encourages a harmonious work/life
balance including flextime, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
coverage plans, a company-matched 403B savings plan, annual and sick leave,
tuition reimbursement,flexible spending accounts, as well as flexible work hours
in a virtual work environment.
Created in April, 2009 by the merger of PALINET and SOLINET and joined
shortly thereafter by NELINET, LYRASIS is the nationís largest regional
membership organization serving libraries and information professionals. Serving
more than 6,000 institutions, the diverse LYRASIS membership is located
primarily in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, New England , and West regions,
LYRASIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants may submit resumes to Paquita V. Morris, Director of Human Resources at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or via fax at 404.892.7879.
LYRASIS reserves the right to alter the position overview, with or without notice to the employee. This position overview is not a contract of employment and does not alter the employment relationship. Finally, every position overview is subject to modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.