Please excuse the cross-posting:
The University of Miami Libraries seek a Digital Technologies Programmer/Analyst to provide leadership in the research, development and maintenance of the Libraries technical infrastructure. This includes web development, digital programs, user interfaces and other emerging technologies. Reporting to the Head of Web & Emerging Technologies, the incumbent designs, develops, implements, and facilitates project management for the research and development of user-centered tools and applications to enhance operations and services. The DTPA is a member of the Digital Projects Team and supervises one programmer/analyst.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include percentages of time)
* Works with IMS and Digital Programs and Scholarship to effectively manage the design and development of web-based applications and tools to facilitate content management and delivery of library resources and services. Works with faculty on a variety of XML-based digital projects. Researches and evaluates potential commercial and open-source solutions and implements when necessary. Installs, configures and maintains commercial and open source software packages and modules.
* Works with staff to design, develop, and maintain tools to streamline workflows related to digital projects, to include developing applications for digital production and digital content management. Works to define requirements of tools to support delivery of digital content and supports emerging digital library production and delivery services. Works with relevant staff to defines and implement databases and necessary interfaces with other systems
* Works with staff to design, test, and implement user interfaces and designs, codes and tests software related to the implementation. Writes documentation, attends planning and project meetings, works collaboratively with all IMS, Digital Programs and Scholarship, and Access, Information, and Research staff.
* Supervises and mentors one programmer/analyst and students
* Participates in relevant meetings, conferences, and presentations. Actively engages in continued and professional development.
Communications, Relationships, and Service (Covers all areas of performance)
* Maintains a helpful and supportive customer service behavior with all library customers internal and external.
* Establishes effective and supportive interdepartmental relationships, and participate in cross training opportunities to increase library and unit effectiveness and to effectively disseminate information.
* Communicates frequently and effectively with all University staff, faculty, and administrators in a timely manner regarding procedures, policies, and other necessary information.
* When possible, participates in committees and teams within and outside the Libraries to provide services to the Libraries, University, and the Community.
Other duties and special projects as assigned
* May perform presentations and conduct training courses.
* Assists with special divisional, library-wide, and university-wide projects as assigned.
* May require work outside normal business hours to analyze and correct critical problems that arise in the 24/7 operational environment
For more information, and to Apply:
Please visit http://www.miami.edu/employment, job #042038