Web Services Librarian
Montana State University Libraries
Search Number: 11123-2
Montana State University Libraries seeks a Web Services Librarian to explore, test, implement, and support our library's web-based applications. The Web Services Librarian is responsible for oversight of MSU Libraries' website as well as the support and development of library web applications. Technical responsibilities include significant web programming and database work. Design and accessibility responsibilities include web design, troubleshooting, and ongoing site development, maintenance, and evaluation. The position also has a variety of leadership and project management responsibilities including coordinating and facilitating communication between library teams and university departments, developing project specifications/documentation, and conducting project evaluations.
- Provide leadership in the development of the Libraries' overall web-based service program; train and work directly with library staff to help make them more effective content contributors and electronic service providers.
- Chairs Web Content Group and represents library to other constituents on campus.
- Coordinate, maintain, and oversee ongoing development of the Libraries' website and web services.
- Incorporate appropriate design principles, information architectures, coding standards, and emerging technologies into the Libraries' various open source web-based systems and projects.
- Contribute to processes that deliver library content to external discovery and delivery mechanisms, such as: APIs and RESTful web services, search engine optimization, mobile application development, OAI harvesters, and integration with campus learning management systems and social sites.
- Anticipate web trends, investigate their application in academic libraries, and develop new web-based services.
$46,000; Assistant Professor, tenure track, 12 month position
- ALA-accredited MLS, MIS, or equivalent.
- Professional experience working in a library or higher education setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency with HTML/XHTML/CSS and current trends in web development.
- Demonstrated skill with PHP and MySQL (or equivalent technologies) and relational databases to create dynamic web applications.
Screening will begin Feb. 14, 2011 and continue until a suitable candidate is hired.
Full job posting and application submission details:
AA/ADA/EEO/Vet Pref Employer
[log in to unmask]