This is a position announcement for the University of Notre Dame:
* Job Title - Sr. Technical Analyst (jobs.nd.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56369)
* Job Description - The Project Developer/Senior Technical Analyst is primarily responsible for support and ongoing development of CORAL (electronic resources management system developed in house using Object Oriented PHP, MySQL and JQuery/Ajax), Datamart (locally developed reporting system to facilitate management and statistical reporting of Aleph data using an open source ETL, shell scripting and Oracle), and Bibliographic Statistics database (locally designed MS SQL database for gathering statistics across the Libraries). The incumbent also provide support for electronic resources applications, including Metalib, SFX, and eJournal A-Z list. The applications support includes systems upgrades, enhancement implementation, and bug fixes.
* Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have excellent communication skills to communicate
effectively with external and internal users.
- Must be able to work flexibly and effectively in a
- Must have excellent demonstrated analytical and
- Must be proficient with SQL query analysis, building,
troubleshooting, and optimization, in at least one of the
following: MySQL, Oracle PL/SQL; manage data interoperability
- Must have demonstrated experience with Windows environment;
Mac environment (preferred but not required)
- Must have demonstrated experience with web design,
relational database design and technical standards, hardware
and software, web-based applications, IP addressing,
communication protocols, firewalls, and proxy servers, CSS
and XSL/T preferred
- Must be willing to become knowledgeable with Metalib, SFX,
Aleph, open source ETL and shell scripting.
- Bachelor's degree (4 years).
- 1-2 years work experience.
* Department - University of Notre Dame: Hesburgh Libraries
* Job Type - FT: 40 HRS/9 MOS OR MORE
* Job Posting Date (Public) - 01-24-2011
* Job Closing Date - 02-07-2011
* URL - http://jobs.nd.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56369
Eric Lease Morgan
Hesburgh Libraries, University of Notre Dame