OHIONET, a not-for-profit library service organization, is looking for
a qualified individual with a background in library systems
administration to fill its open Technology Specialist position.
As part of OHIONET's member support team, this individual will:
- Assist in the administration of our shared library systems,
including the Innovative Interfaces systems for the OPAL (Ohio Private
Academic Libraries) consortium and for the OHNT2 libraries, EZProxy
servers and other shared library systems.
- Assume responsibility for the hardware and operating system
administration and management for all of the OHIONET-managed library
- Provide technical support to member libraries on a daily basis and
as part of our after-hours and weekend support rotation.
- Conduct training sessions both online and in-person to support the
effective use of these systems.
- Prepare complete and accurate documentation to support these projects.
- ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent experience required;
- Minimum of two years of experience in library system administration
and support required;
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces system administration preferred;
- Experience with Linux system administration required;
- Familiarity with at least one programming/scripting language;
- Strong customer service background;
- Ability to provide front-line technology troubleshooting;
- Ability to coordinate technical projects involving multiple external parties;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent leadership, analytic and problem-solving skills
- Capability of exercising sound judgment;
Compensation and benefits include:
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience;
- Twenty vacation days, 12 days sick leave and 11 paid holidays;
- TIAA-CREF retirement plan;
- Generous healthcare, dental and vision coverage;
Interested applicants should send a letter of application, resume, and
three references with addresses and phone numbers to:
Jennifer Turner, ([log in to unmask])
Director of Member Services
1500 W. Lane Ave.
Columbus OH 43221
Electronic submissions are acceptable. Applications received by
February 1 will receive first consideration.