Job Posting Link: http://purdue.taleo.net/careersection/wl/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=112480
Web Applications Developer - Libraries - West Lafayette-1100148
In a collaborative environment, under the general supervision of the Instruction and Research Services Group Administrator, performs development tasks in support of the Libraries teaching and research efforts, and in support of digital collection access. This includes working with Libraries faculty and units within the Libraries on web-based applications for information literacy instruction, the Libraries central website, faculty research, and collection access.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• One year experience with software design and implementation.
• Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
• Formal or informal experience providing technical support to others.
• Experience in maintaining and customizing websites and database-driven web applications.
• Experience in maintaining a content management system, and developing front-end interfaces using standard computer languages.
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Libraries competencies include: adaptability communication, continuous improvement, cross-functional perspective, initiative/judgment, self-development/continuous learning, service orientation and work standards.
• Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds frequently and 20 pounds occasionally
• Experience in web accessibility/usability and Library experience.
• A check of criminal conviction records will be made for employment in this position.
• FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
• Retirement Eligibility: Fidelity Contribution Waiting Period.
• Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.
Feel free to contact me off-list with any questions about this posting.
Senior Network Systems Administrator
Information Technology Department
Purdue University Libraries
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]