The next significant version of VuFind has been released this morning. Here are some of the highlights of the new release:
- Improved support for non-MARC metadata and authority records
- New search tools: autosuggesters, snippets, keyword highlighting, alphabetical heading browse
- Alternate jQuery-based theme (for tighter integration with non-YUI sites)
- Easier and more powerful favorite list management
- More API integration: book previews through Google Books/OpenLibrary/Hathi Trust, cover images from B&T Content Café
- Expanded OAI-PMH and RSS output capabilities
- Better discovery by search engines with automatic sitemap XML generation tool
- Numerous bug fixes, plus better-commented and standardized code
For more information, and to download the new release, please visit http://vufind.org.
As always, please feel free to contact me if you have questions or need help with anything.