The Los Alamos National Laboratory Research Library is seeking a lead for its Digital Initiatives Team with responsibility for researching and developing a forward-looking, sustainable infrastructure for preservation, management and delivery of scientific and institutional content by applying community-established best practices to cutting-edge technology. We seek a creative, inspiring manager who will lead a small team on projects aimed at tackling challenges of information interoperability and integration across our large scale digital collections and growing repositories. The library is ambitiously looking forward to becoming embedded and integral to LANL's information infrastructure by providing a robust repository for our unique collections supporting the e-research needs of our world-class scientific community.
Demonstrated experience/ expertise in all of the following:
* designing & developing resource-centric applications that adhere to core principles of the Web Architecture / REST;
* digital library community-based standards (OAI-PMH / ORE, OpenURL, etc.);
* standard web programming tools/frameworks & database query syntax; mainstream Web 2.0 technologies;
* interest in Semantic Web technologies & concepts (RDF, RDFS, OWL, triple stores, SPARQL, information resources vs non-information resources, etc.);
* embrace concepts from the Social Web & Linked Data effort;
* existing and emergent content & storage management standards/technologies;
* ability to lead complex, cross-organizational projects & guide diverse constituents toward common goals;
* management, leadership, motivational & influencing skills.
For more information or to apply, please go to http://www.hr.lanl.gov/JobListing/SingleJobAd.aspx?JobNumber=221059