The New York Academy of Medicine Library
The New York of Academy of Medicine Library is seeking an energetic, creative and experienced librarian capable of managing and implementing the NYAM Library's e-resources, Integrated Library System (ILS), and web 2.0 based projects within the context of a rapidly changing environment.
The position will serve as the technical staff member of the Library's Grey Literature project team as well as a resource to NYAM's Historical Collections staff as they leverage the web and web based 2.0 tools to promote the activities and services of that specific area.
This position reports to the Head of Technical Resources and supports all of the library's initiatives with primary emphasis on the Grey Literature Report, the Resource Guide for Public Health Prepapredness, and the Rare Book Room/ Historical Collections library technology needs. The incumbent will work across library areas on various issues including Library catalog maintenance, report generation, and web-related projects and maintenance. The incumbent must have the ability to be self-directed as well as to take direction and work in both individual and team environments.
Responsibilities are as follows:
* Manage and maintain electronic resources, including A-Z list, link resolver, and EZProxy
* Support the activities of technical services, including serials maintenance and cataloging, as needed
* May be asked to supervise work of one or more part-time assistants or interns
* Set up trials and assist in evaluation of electronic products; assist with pricing and licensing negotiations as needed; make recommendations to Library director and staff
* Take a lead role in data migrations and data clean-up for the ILS, as needed
* Act as a contact person for vendors ,as needed
* Provide technical support to other library departments, including but not limited to User Services and Historical Collections; may be asked to liaise with IT or Communications departments on behalf of library or library staff
* Provide technical support for the Grey Literature Report, the Resource Guide for Public Health Preparedness, and other initiatives as needed
* Maintain and customize stylesheets for Historical Collections finding aids in collaboration with the Project Archivist
* In collaboration with other technical services librarians and the manager of document delivery, represent the library to WALDO and PTFS/LibLime regarding maintenance and development of library catalog (LibLime Enterprise Koha)
* Create reports on catalog as necessary using SQL; maintain custom reporting interface for library staff, currently written in PHP
* Assist professional staff with website updates in Convio content management system
* Update library home page and other website content as needed
* Customize, configure, and generally support the use of online products including but not limited to library catalog, CONTENTdm, A-Z list/e-journal portal, LibGuides, Refworks, subscription bibliographic databases
* Stay abreast of current developments in library standards and technologies, and apply that knowledge to every day projects and recommendations
Preferred: PHP and at least one other programming language; familiarity with OCLC Connexion, Koha, Drupal, MARCEdit, and CONTENTdm; knowledge of National Library of Medicine (NLM) Classification and Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) ; familiarity with XML, XSLT, Encoded Archival Description (EAD), and finding aids; ability and willingness to represent the library at various committees and organizations as required; experience with Convio content management system, a plus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
* Salary commensurate with qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package including 22 days annual leave, several options for medical and retirement plans, and a selection of other options.
* Please email a resume and cover letter with three references to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Please include "E-Resources/Systems Librarian" in subject line.
* For more information, visit our website: www.nyam.org<http://www.nyam.org>
* The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Janie Kaplan, MLn.
Library and Special Collections
The New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10029
T (212) 822-7327
F (212) 423-0273
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>