Apologies for the crossposting.
Position Announcement - Library Digital Archivist
Florida International University and the Green Library are seeking a Digital Archivist to join its team of professionals. In this role, one would be responsible for assisting with projects related to digital library collections and discovery systems dealing with historical, cultural and scientific materials as well as institutionally created content for the institutional repository.
Other duties to include, but not limited to:
* Manipulating both born digital and digitized files for archiving and preservation purposes using various format specific software applications, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Soundbooth, Adobe Premier, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Distiller, and others as applicable.
* Performing quality assurance checks on digitized material.
* Creating metadata and files records for internal tracking system.
* Utilizing digital library and institutional repository software to associate metadata with digital images, video and/or sound files for online display.
* Working in collaboration with the University Graduate School to assist in the publication and preservation of Electronic Thesis and Dissertations.
* Utilizing FTP and web based file transfer procedures to upload file packages and metadata sets to various databases and to submit digital files and associated metadata for preservation in the Florida Digital Archive.
* Monitoring the preservation status of file/metadata packages using the in-house tracking system.
* Troubleshooting and correcting preservation package errors and failures.
* Performing other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Minimum Qualifications - High school diploma and six years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Desired Qualifications - Department preference: Four year degree from an accredited university. Experience working with databases, file transfers, digital collections software, or familiarity with archiving practices, cataloging and/or metadata standards and controlled vocabulary is preferred. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must. Experience with web design, HTML, CSS, XML, and any programming knowledge is a plus. Certificates or degrees in computer or information sciences will be given favorable consideration.
For more information about the position please go to https://www.fiujobs.org/
No application materials will be accepted via email.