Academic Applications Manager, Wheaton College, Norton, MA
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred, with studies and/or
experience in Library or in Information Technology.
- Experience developing web-based applications, including proficiency
with open standard web programming technologies, such as HTML, PHP, XML,
- Knowledge or experience with Innovative Interfaces Incorporated (III)
or other integrated library software systems strongly preferred
- Experience developing and maintaining relational databases required,
preferably with MySQL.
- Experience with WordPress content management system preferred.
- Experience with Moodle or another Learning Management System preferred
- Familiarity with managing web servers (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, and/or
- Experience working in academic libraries or Information Technology in
higher education strongly preferred
- Experience with data encoding, such as MARC, EAD, Dublin Core, and TEI
*DUTIES:*The Academic Applications Manager provides support for faculty,
students, and Library and Information Services staff by developing and
maintaining networked applications for teaching, learning, and research
at Wheaton College. The Academic Applications Manager develops,
maintains, troubleshoots, and upgrades specialized library applications
and networked academic technology, including: interlibrary loan
software, electronic reserves software, streaming media services,
learning management systems (e.g. Moodle), and social software (e.g.
blogs, wikis, podcasting, etc.). The position acts as webmaster for the
LIS web presence.
This position serves in the Research and Instruction (R&I) Department,
which is responsible for the direct support of teaching, learning, and
research, particularly as they are enhanced by technology and the use of
library and other information resources.
*TO APPLY:*Please go tohttp://jobs.wheatoncollege.edu/for complete job
description and to apply.
*DEADLINE:*Open until filled.