[Please excuse the cross-posting.]
LYRASIS seeks a highly motivated, experienced Developer to contribute to our dynamic, fast-growing open source support, development, and technology services department.
The Developer will provide excellent care to our member customers with a focus on customization and maintenance of web applications. This position will serve a wide range of clients with a diverse set of needs, primarily using Drupal and also including Evergreen, DSpace and Index Data. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in our Atlanta office, with occasional after-hours work and flexibility to work from home.
About LYRASIS Technology Services
LYRASIS Technology Services (LTS) is a new suite of services and support from LYRASIS. LTS emphasizes open source technologies. We currently offer hosting and application support of cost-effective discovery layers, consortial borrowing automation systems, institutional repository software, and Drupal site development. Visit http://www.lyrasis.org for more company information.
* Three to five years of related work experience
* PHP, PERL, and Java development experience
* Experience coding and deploying systems in a Linux, Apache, PostgreSQL and PHP/Perl (LAMP) stack
* Understanding of dynamic or active web content and the use of XML based technologies
* Understanding of Web Standards, Accessibility, Usability/ UX & web standards
* Testing software applications on a broad range of browsers and browser versions as part of the application development process as well as when troubleshooting problems experienced by end users.
* "Soft" skills include the ability to interact with clients and gather requirements on various projects, working in a fast-paced environment with time sensitive projects, and a great attitude.
* Drupal experience including modification & customization, installation & configuration, custom modules installation & development, and Drupal migration
* Knowledge of the Drupal tools landscape and ability to develop custom solutions when needed
* Content management system design & development
* Experience with Apache, Jetty or Tomcat
* Experience with Evergreen, DSpace or Drupal in a library or higher education environment.
Strong technical skills and the desire to stay abreast of new leading edge technology, the desire to participate in open source activities, and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
LYRASISí attractive benefits package encourages a harmonious work/life balance including flextime, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage plans, a company-matched 403B savings plan, annual and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, as well as flexible work hours in a virtual work environment.
Created in April, 2009 by the merger of PALINET and SOLINET and joined shortly thereafter by NELINET, LYRASIS is the nationís largest non-profit regional membership organization serving libraries and information professionals. Serving more than 6,000 institutions, the diverse LYRASIS membership is located primarily in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, New England and West regions,
LYRASIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants may submit resumes to Paquita V. Wright, Director of Human Resources at [log in to unmask] or via fax at 404.892.7879.
LYRASIS reserves the right to alter the position overview, with or without notice to the employee. This position overview is not a contract of employment and does not alter the employment relationship. Finally, every position overview is subject to modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
Peter Murray [log in to unmask] tel:+1-678-235-2955
Ass't Director, Technology Services Development http://dltj.org/about/
LYRASIS -- Great Libraries. Strong Communities. Innovative Answers.
The Disruptive Library Technology Jester http://dltj.org/