Equinox Software, a growing and dynamic software development and support
company based in Norcross, Georgia, is seeking a talented and dedicated
Library Data and Support Specialist. This position is responsible for
extracting, translating, munging, and loading library data as well as
providing general Evergreen and Koha technical support to our customers.
We are looking for the following qualities in a candidate:
* Familiarity with library operations and practices, particularly
technical services and library systems administration
* Experience with library data formats, including ISO 2709.
* Experience operating or managing an integrated library system is required
* Experience with Evergreen and/or Koha is preferred
* High comfort level with Linux, a shell prompt, scripting, SQL, and
* The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Strong customer service focus
* Ability to work well in a team environment with minimum direction
A MLS or equivalent is helpful, but not required
* Summary of essential job functions:
* Performing analysis of legacy data and helping to advise customers on
the best way to migrate and manipulate their data to a new ILS.
* Performing data extracts, data translation, and data cleanup as part
of larger projects to implement a new ILS and assist with policy
* Performing special data change and data cleanup projects.
* Providing excellent technical support to Equinox customers
The ideal candidate is prepared not only to help our customers migrate
to a new ILS, but to also help create and maintain the tools to make
this process as efficient and painless for our customers as possible.
Equinox offers a strong benefits package including family health,
dental, and vision insurance, fully paid for by the company. We also
offer a 401k plan with matching contributions. Salary starts at $40,000
a year but is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume, 3 professional references, and salary
requirements to [log in to unmask]
Equinox Software is a growing team of skilled professionals who provide
comprehensive support and services for open source solutions for public,
special, and academic libraries worldwide. Equinox offers consultation,
software development, comprehensive support and training, migration and
Director of Support and Implementation
Equinox Software, Inc. / Your Library's Guide to Open Source
email: [log in to unmask]
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell: +1 404-984-4366
Supporting Koha and Evergreen: http://koha-community.org &