LAC Group is seeking Technical Librarians with internet/web library and technical skills (cataloging), to work on a 16 week project for a prestigious government library on-site at Fort Belvoir, VA. This is a full-time position for 16 weeks, to develop and populate 27 individual websites using existing content. This project will collocate, organize and classify licensed and public domain resource content for specific subject areas providing institutional electronic access enabling enhanced knowledge and more efficient and effective delivery of institutional objectives.
* Master's Degree in Library Science degree from an institution accredited by the American Library Association
* Experience in cataloging materials, including original cataloging, relating to acquisition, business, contracting, government/legislative agencies, program management, research and development, and science and technology
* Familiarity with the application of the most current update of the Anglo-American Cataloging Rules (AACR2) for descriptive cataloging, and with the Library of Congress classification and subject headings
* Experience in web design, digital resources and Library 2.0 technologies is preferred
* Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe
To read more details and to apply please visit this link: http://bit.ly/n55BcK
To view all of our currently open positions please visit: http://lac-group.com/lac-group/careers/
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
Patty De Anda Gates
Communications & Projects Associate
323.302.9439 - direct
323.852.1083 - main
323.852.1093 - fax
LAC Group, 6500 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 2240, Los Angeles, CA 90048
LAC on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=1235317> | LAC on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAC-Group/136401033040717?v=app_4949752878&ref=ts#!/pages/LAC-Group/136401033040717?v=wall&ref=ts> | LAC on Twitter<http://twitter.com/libassociates> | LAC Group Newsletter Sign-up<http://lac-group.com/lac-group/newsletter/>
The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender.