I'm posting this for colleagues at our library. To apply, go to this url: http://hr.wustl.edu/opportunities/Pages/ExternalApplicants.aspx
Digital Data Outreach Librarian, Olin Library - 22611
The Digital Data Outreach Librarian is a new position which will assume overall responsibility for Library outreach to faculty in all disciplines to best determine their digital research management needs. The Digital Data Outreach Librarian will work closely with subject librarians and staff from Digital Library Services, Library Systems, and Library Assessment to best match identified faculty needs with library digital capabilities. The Librarian will also collaborate with other departments on the Danforth and Medical campuses to insure a coordinated, university-wide approach to faculty digital data needs.
Determine faculty digital data management needs through interviews, surveys, etc.
Work with appropriate Library staff to create digital solutions to faculty data management needs based on results of faculty outreach efforts. This includes developing options based on faculty needs for use and discovery.
Establish working relationships with other campus entities as needed and collaborate on institution-wide data management need solutions.
Monitor data management efforts at other institutions; routinely upgrade knowledge through webinars and other training/education opportunities.
Other duties as assigned.
- MLS or related Master's degree.
- Education and/or relevant experience in data analysis, data management and statistical applications.
- Experience with or demonstrable knowledge of research library digital operations.
- Knowledge of scholarly research processes.
- Second master's degree.
- Research library work experience.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deal with rapidly changing environment.
$3,404.38 - $4,426.50 per month