The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is seeking a creative Web and Digital Library Specialist. Under the direction of the Director of Information Systems, the candidate selected will work independently to design, develop, implement and maintain Web projects.
* As technical lead for our Drupal content management system, responsible for full range of systems administration activities including: evaluating and implementing modules; monitoring work flows; developing site-wide theming, templates and content types.
* Develop and update web applications with database-driven and/or XML based dynamic content.
* Conduct interface design, integration and customization of Web applications and products acquired from third parties, including open source products
* Work with Web authoring staff to ensure accurate and up-to-date content
* Create templates, workflows and other tools to facilitate web authoring activities by non-technical staff.
* Monitor, troubleshoot, de-bug and modify existing Web applications.
* Assist CRL member institutions in developing best practices and access to CRL digital resources.
* Depending on project assignments, may be required to lead team effort or coordinate the work of others.
Skills Experience & Education Requirements
* A minimum of three years experience programming web enabled applications, including start-to-finish project responsibility.
* A bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field, or equivalent experience.
* Knowledge and ability to build complex SQL queries against relational databases.
* A minimum of six months development experience in Drupal or other content management systems.
* Solid skill in Web design and development; proficient in XHTML, CSS and DHTML.
* Knowledge and experience in UNIX/Linux administration.
* Familiarity with version control systems such as Git.
* Experience in image editing and design.
* MLS degree, course work, or seminars pertaining to digital preservation/archiving.
How to Apply
Respond with the title of the position in the subject line to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:Resumes%40crl.edu>. You may also respond by mail or fax, indicating the position you are applying for to:
Center for Research Libraries
6050 S. Kenwood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637
The CRL, an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v, values the diversity of its workforce as a key ingredient for serving its member global interests.