Analyst Programmer 2
Salary: $3766 - $6673 Per Month
o The University of Oregon Library invites applications for full-time
Programmer Technical Lead (Analyst Programmer) in the Center for Media
and Educational Technologies: Interactive Media. Exempt classified
positions at UO, such as this one, earn straight-time pay for all hours
o Please note that the posting has been revised 11/3/11. The job is the
same but the description of duties have been rewritten and while the
supplemental questions cover the same areas, they have been rephrased.
Applicants who provided responses to the previous questions will be
fully considered. The close date has been extended until 12/1/11;
however it may be closed without notice any time after 11/14/11.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon
Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are
eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental,
employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an
eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position
will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and
June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and
related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's
degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and
* Proven track record of success in object oriented programming and
relational database design.
* Professional level proficiency in web development for cross-platform
environments. Experience must include: MySQL, PHP, X/HTML, XML,
* Demonstrated experience as a technical project lead.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and
cultures; experience translating technical processes and solutions into
terms understandable by a non-technical audience.
* Ability to work well in a team environment with professionals from
other disciplines. Must also work well independently with little
* Experience with Wordpress, Drupal, and ActionScript3.
* At least one year's experience in mobile development/responsive design.
* Ability to quickly solve technical problems, learn new technologies,
and work on multiple projects at once.
* Experience in configuring and troubleshooting development, staging,
and production servers.
* Familiarity with quality assurance methodologies.
* Proven skills in writing technical documentation.
* Familiarity with principles and best practices in developing for web
standards and accessibility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides high level programming expertise to analyze,
design, develop, test, and implement complex web and software
applications for use by the campus community. Duties include:
... leading the programming and modification of complex Web-based
applications, databases and programs through the entire development
lifecycle including testing and implementation.
... designing, analyzing and coding projects in MySQL, PHP, HTML,
... researching and developing emerging technologies in response to
teaching and research needs at the UO.
... writing technical specifications, road-maps and documentation for
all development projects.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond
to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your
responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and
training related to each item. Make sure experience and training
described in your responses are included on your application.
1. List at least 4 web technologies that you are most proficient in (for
Content Management Systems, Frameworks, etc.) and state what you feel
are the strengths and weaknesses of these technologies for web
2. Describe your experience leading the technical development of a
substantial web application or project.
3. Describe your experience working with project clients.
4. Please describe your project management experience including any
experience you have had in planning assigning and reviewing the work of
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job
Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely and turned
in by the closing date or they will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a
copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you
are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with
the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Digital Library Services, Head
Oregon Digital Newspaper Program, Director
University of Oregon Libraries
[log in to unmask]