Located in northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a
premier research institution, delivering scientific and engineering
solutions to the nation's most crucial and complex problems. The LANL
Research Library (STBPO-RL) is one of the premier digital libraries in the
world, providing state-of-the-art information technology tools to our
research community and developing innovative web technologies to further
information availability, accessibility, and digital preservation.
The Research Library is seeking an analytical, creative individual
interested in scientific research data and digital resources to review &
lead implementation of the next generation digital library. The Digital
Library Architect (Solutions Architect 3) will be responsible for
researching, collaboratively planning and delivering a forward-looking,
sustainable infrastructure for the content stewardship and delivery of
scientific content by applying community established best practices to
cutting-edge technology. The new infrastructure will integrate diverse
content repositories of both data and scientific literature to create a
cohesive and extensible suite of access, discovery, preservation, curation,
security, repository, archival & storage services to underpin LANL's unique
collections of scientific and technical information.
• Expert knowledge of standard web programming tools/frameworks, database
application development, content and data management, hardware and systems
programming technologies and storage management.
• Demonstrated experience and commitment to designing and developing
resource-centric applications that adhere to core architectural principles
of the Web.
• Demonstrated experience with using mainstream Web 2.0 technologies.
• Ongoing interest in Semantic Web technologies and concepts including RDF
and Linked Open Data.
• Experience with standards emerging from the digital library community
(e.g., OAI-PMH, ORE, Open URL, PREMIS, and other metadata standards, DOI, etc.).
• Ability to provide project leadership from specification to launch.
• Demonstrated proficiency applying best practices to technical projects,
including automated testing and use of software development collaboration
tools, build management, and version control software.
• Masters degree in Library/Information Science or Computer Science or
equivalent combination of education and experience highly desired.
Notes to Applicants: For full consideration, applicants must submit a
comprehensive cover letter that addresses the key requirements of the position.
Must be a US citizen to be considered for this position.
To apply, visit: