FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VuFind 1.3 Released
Villanova, Pennsylvania - January 30, 2012 - The latest version of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released.
The new release includes several significant enhancements:
- A new "book bag" feature has been added for shopping-cart-style bulk actions (save, email, export multiple records).
- VuFind is now driven by Apache Solr 3.5, the latest version of the powerful index engine.
- New optional search plug-ins have been added for visual timelines, Google Maps integration and Europeana searches.
- Enhanced RSS feeds allow VuFind results to be easily shared with external services such as Elsevier's SciVerse platform.
- Syndetics integration has been improved.
- VuFind's default theme now uses jQuery and Blueprint for a more dynamic, polished interface.
Additionally, several bug fixes and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University.
[log in to unmask]
Falvey Memorial Library
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085