**CDU Vacancy 212030 - Library Technology Support Officer**
Position Number 2331 / 030
Position Description:Location: Casuarina Campus
Remuneration Package - HEW Level 6/7
Base salary of $60,740 - $72,232 per annum plus superannuation employer
contribution of 17 percent. District Allowance may apply.
Conditions include 6 weeks annual leave.
Tenure Continuing full-time appointment
**Application Close: 5 March 2012**
Contact: Anthony Hornby
Contact Phone: +61 08 8946 6011
Contact Email: [[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask]
**BUSINESS UNIT ENVIRONMENT**
CDU Library is integral to the support of learner-centred, resource-based,
innovative and technology enabled
education and training at the University and provides high quality research
support services. CDU Library has highly motivated and qualified staff trained
for new evolving roles in library and information services. The Library
Technology team works with a range of other IT support providers both internal
at CDU and external to support library services using a range of cutting edge
technologies. Team members are involved in server maintenance, virtualization
and other infrastructure management to application management of library
management systems, research repositories, wikis, blogs etc, through to
research, implementation and development of new technology both in-sourced and
some in-house development.
Working as a member of the Library Technology Team the Library Technology
Support Officer provides high quality and efficient business analysis and
technology support to meet the needs of CDU Library staff and clients in a
dynamic environment where the majority of resources are now accessed online
and rapid change is the norm.
**KEY SELECTION COMPETENCIES**
1. Recognised degree in Information Technology or Librarianship with relevant
experience; or degree plus recognized postgraduate qualifications in
Information Technology or Librarianship with relevant experience; or an
equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, experience and /or
2. Proven ability to provide fantastic customer service to internal and
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively in teams
recognizing and taking advantage of the abilities of others.
4. Proven business analysis skills from identification of a need to
researching solutions, managing own learning, making recommendations and
following through with implementation.
5. Programming experience in one or more languages such as PHP, Java, Perl,
Bash (shell scripting), using APIs.
6. Understanding of database design concepts and demonstrated experience with
database administration, data manipulation and generating reports.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of information technologies relevant to modern
**DESIRABLE SELECTION COMPETENCIES**
1. Experience administering integrated library management systems such as
2. Knowledge of web design and related technologies such as XML, HTML, web
3. Experience with digital repository software such as ePrints, DSpace, Vital
4. Understanding of library metadata standards and protocols such as MARC,
MODS, Dublin Core.
5. Experience administering Linux / Unix systems.
**SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION**
E-recruitment is the method by which Charles Darwin University now manages its
process. Applications should be lodged online at Jobs@CDU at
.html) For details of the online application process, please refer
to Jobs@CDU - How to Apply available at [http://www.cdu.edu.au/pmd/vacancies.h
Please do not forward applications to the Contact Person.
If you are unable to submit your application online please obtain an
application package by phoning
the Recruitment Answering Service on +61 (08) 8946 6284 or email: [recruitment
@cdu.edu.au](mailto:[log in to unmask]
ABORIGINAL AND TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER PEOPLE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
The University reserves the right not to proceed in making an appointment or
to appoint by invitation.The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
maintains a smoke-free environment.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/775/