Oh, yeah...Mark's wiki page also points out that you'll need to change
to postgres for production. Very important.
From what I understand, the "compiled slug" is the app + all it's
dependancies. So, yeah, I guess since the gem does have the
SolrMarc.jar in there, it would have the jar in the slug somewhere....
However, I did just see a page on heroku that says:
"Generally speaking any slug under 15MB is small and nimble; 30MB is
average; and 50MB or above is weighty."
So maybe I was being slightly over sensitive to my slug's size? I was
just worried all the other slugs would call it names.
I am going to try and figure out why my pipeline assets aren't
compiling when I push. The solution is probably just to compile them
locally and push them rather than rely on Heroku to precompile them
(currently when I push, Heroku's precompile fails, so it reverts to
"compile at runtime" mode) ....if anyone has insight into this, please
lemme know...I believe having them compile at runtime does slow down
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Chris Fitzpatrick
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hey Erik,
> I used this AMI for solr =>
> Note : You will have to change the schema and solrconfig files on the image...
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Erik Mitchell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Neat! Thanks Mark,
>> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Mark A. Matienzo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>> Like Chris, I've deployed Blacklight on Heroku, and this thread
>>> (particularly Rosalyn's message) has gotten me to write up a quick
>>> HOWTO on the Blacklight wiki .
>>> For Solr hosting I've used both a VM that I run (on Slicehost) and EC2.
>>>  https://github.com/projectblacklight/blacklight/wiki/Blacklight-on-Heroku