**TITLE**: IT Systems Manager, Software Systems Development & Research
**SALARY**: Commensurate with qualifications and experience; comprehensive benefits
The University of Maryland Libraries is seeking a Senior Manager for the
Software Systems Development & Research (SSDR) department. SSDR provides
leadership in the development, integration, testing and deployment of digital
library software systems and tools at the Information Technology Division
(ITD) of the University of Maryland Libraries. The SSDR Manager will be
responsible for gathering technical requirements from 16 University System of
Maryland Libraries, which form a state-wide consortium, and coordinate
development of tools and services for member institutions. In coordinating
efforts to come up with designs that meet the varied needs of the Consortium
member libraries, the SSDR Manager will be responsible for the research,
development, deployment, support and management of library application
software and software systems; and for the integration, implementation, and
maintenance of software to provide acquisition, curation, preservation, access
and discovery services to the libraries' collections. The software development
activities encompass all phases of software development lifecycle, including
implementation of interfaces to other software systems, development of Web
interfaces and user interfaces for the tools developed in SSDR.
The SSDR Manager serves as a senior member of the Information Technology
Division (ITD), reporting to the Associate Dean of Information Technology at
the University of Maryland Libraries. The incumbent
provides leadership and direct supervision to a professional team of software
developers and architects. The SSDR Manager will be
responsible for developing and managing budgets for approved projects and
initiatives of the department.
* A Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer or Information Sciences, Information Management, Information Systems or related field.
* A minimum of three (3) years of experience in information technology and/or software development.
* A minimum of five (5) years experience in a supervisory and managerial role (e.g. project leader, project manager, program manager).
* Familiarity with library software applications and systems, as well as new trends/developments in this field.
* Experience with commercial and/or open source library software solutions.
* Knowledge of and experience with applying project management principles (PMP certification preferred).
* Experience managing software application development lifecycle.
* Experience supporting applications running in Unix/Linux and Windows environment(s).
* Programming and/or database administration experience.
* Experience delivering presentations.
Please use the following URL for the full position description:
Interested Applicants can use the following link to access the application:
APPLICATIONS: Electronic applications required. Please apply online at
https://jobs.umd.edu. No relocation assistance will be
provided. You must be legally able to work in the United
States; the University of Maryland Libraries will not sponsor individuals for
employment. An application consists of a cover letter which
includes the source of advertisement, a resume, and names/e-mail addresses of
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and accepted until **April
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of
equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee
or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or
mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status,
genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities and women are
encouraged to apply.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/850/