The NCSU Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position of
Digital Technologies Development Librarian in the Digital Library Initiatives
department. Digital Library Initiatives develops and delivers an information
environment that significantly advances end-user resource discovery and use of
library services. As a member of the Digital Services
Development group, the Digital Technologies Development Librarian works as an
active member of a team that advances digital library services through applied
research and application development, and manages the entire life cycle of
projects, from requirements gathering to deployment.
The Digital Technologies Development Librarian provides technical leadership
and hands-on programming expertise for a portfolio of digital library
projects. In close collaboration with technical and non-technical partners
across the Libraries, she or he identifies emerging technologies that have
potential for new and improved library services. Working both independently
and in team settings, the incumbent develops functional prototypes of new
digital library services through an iterative, data-informed, and test-driven
process that emphasizes performance, sustainability, and usability. The
Digital Technologies Development Librarian maintains and provides enhancements
to existing digital library applications and collaborates closely with
Information Technology staff to develop and maintain supporting
infrastructure. The incumbent participates in library planning and serves on
library-wide committees, task forces, and teams. NCSU librarians are expected
to be active professionally and to contribute to developments in the field.
Reports to the Lead, Digital Services Development.
* ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent advanced degree
* Server-side application development experience with one or more open source programming languages such as PHP, Python, or Ruby; as well as SQL
* Database development skills
* Evidence of ability for ongoing professional development and contribution
* Knowledge of user-centered design processes, including user studies and usage data analysis
* Experience in mobile application development and knowledge of mobile design principles
* Familiarity with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
* Experience working on or contributing to open-source software projects
* Experience working in an academic library
See full vacancy announcement with application instructions at
Review of applications is underway; position will remain open until a suitable
candidate is found.
AA/OEO. NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation.
For ADA accommodations, please call (919) 515-3148.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/875/