The Scarborough-Phillips Library at St. Edward's University seeks a creative,
innovative individual to work on all things digital including but not limited
to the library's web presence, digitization initiatives, and integrated
library systems. This position reports to the Head of
Library Systems. Salary range in the mid to high 50's,
commensurate with experience.
This position provides planning, organization and implementation of digital
library services under the general direction and leadership of the Head of
Library Systems, including: usability testing of digital products; user
experience design to create a nurturing, usable, and flexible digital
environment for learning; digitization of analog format; system administration
of III's Millennium enterprise library solution; system administration of
public services products, including LibGuides, LibAnswers, and LibAnalytics;
assist in writing and testing of programming code for the web, open source
solutions (e.g., Omeka, Book Reader, and Open Journal Systems), and automation
of internal library processes (e.g., sending and receiving data from vendors,
integration with an ERP system); maintaining computers, printers, and other
technology for staff and public service points in the library; work with IT to
solve problems with library systems; support the creation of digital learning
objects; and support resource sharing solutions.
* Plan and implement a usability program for various library digital services, including but not limited to the library's website, databases, online catalog, and digital collections.
* Collaborate with Instructional Technology and library staff to create new and support existing platforms for library reference and instruction, including tutorials, online chat, streaming media, podcasting, and 3rd party software.
* Provide administrative support for the library's integrated library system (III's Millennium).
* Provide administrative support for the library's interlibrary loan system and other resource sharing initiatives.
* Provide administrative support for digital library tools, including but not limited to LibGuides, LibAnswers, and LibAnalytics.
* Provide administrative support for staff computers, including the management of Deep Freeze, print queues, and installation of software.
* Program and maintain open source solutions (e.g., Omeka, Book Reader, Open Journal Systems).
* Support technology-related issues throughout the library, including digitization projects, user experience design, automation of technical services routines, and the creation of digital learning objects.
* Undergraduate degree in an area related to computer science or information systems required by time of employment. Advanced degree preferred. Experience with web development or technology support services in a library or academic setting preferred.
* Experience with usability testing and user experience design required.
* Familiarity with use of social media, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, in academic library settings preferred.
* Familiarity with digital media industry standards and production of high-quality audio, video and images and screencasts preferred.
* Graphic design skills, including the use of Adobe Creative Suite, preferred.
* Demonstrated effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to think critically and analytically and to work in a collegial, collaborative service-focused environment.
* Familiarity with copyright laws and digital rights management preferred.
* Experience with distance education courses preferred.
* Ability to constantly adapt to a fast-evolving environment required.
* Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal background check required.
###### About St. Edward's University:
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is
the premier private institution of higher learning in Austin. Enrolling
approximately 5,300 students, the university offers more than 90 academic
programs. In addition to the many programs designed for traditional
undergraduates, the university offers more than 15 undergraduate degree
programs designed for working adults and 11 masters degree programs. Over the
last two decades the university has doubled its enrollment and invested more
than $147 million in new campus facilities. US News & World Report has ranked
St. Edward's among the top regional universities in the West for nine
consecutive years, and peers identified St. Edward's as one of a handful of
"up-and-coming universities" in both 2010 and 2011. The university's newly
adopted strategic plan, Academic Distinctiveness and Global Preparedness,
reflects the university's commitment to prepare students for success in a 21st
century world increasingly shaped by globalization and ubiquitous technology.
Consistent with its Holy Cross heritage the university maintains a strong
focus on issues of social justice.
###### How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to apply. Open until
filled. Preference given to applications received by May 1,
2012. Please send a letter of interest, SEU application,
resume, and three professional references to: Eric
Frierson, Head of Digital Services; Scarborough-Phillips Library, St. Edward's
University; Campus Mail Box 1037; 3001 S. Congress Avenue; Austin, TX
78704-6489, or you may email materials to [log in to unmask]
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/817/