The eiNetwork, a non-profit organization providing technology services to
public libraries in the Pittsburgh region, seeks applicants for the position
of System Administrator for the Integrated Library System
(ILS). We provide enterprise-class technology services to
libraries including a wide-area network for 75+ locations, management of more
than 2,200 desktops, and development and administration of multiple
application systems including the Innovative Interfaces, Inc. (III) integrated
library system.. Position offers opportunities to work in a
high-performance work environment; and to design and implement new ILS related
services and solutions for public library users and library
operations. We are seeking high-
performance individuals who share our core values to:
1. Provide leadership and delivery of excellent services for our customers and
2. Embrace and drive change.
3. Be Passionate.
4. Work Collaboratively with Honesty and Integrity.
Under general direction, is responsible for the management, maintenance,
support, and enhancement of the Integrated Library System (ILS) and associated
hardware. Serves as
an ILS technical expert interfacing with library customers, eiNetwork
staff, and the eiNetwork Help Desk.
Interacts with library committees and customers to understand and fulfill
requests for new services, additional functionality, and
information. Provides oversight and management for ILS
related projects. Takes ownership and responsibility for all ILS related
administration including identifying, escalating, and resolving support
issues, and ensuring that all ILS systems and solutions are sustainable for
the eiNetwork and library customers.
• Evaluates, recommends, and utilizes technology required to improve
efficiency and effectiveness of new and existing ILS related processes and
• Plans, manages, and implements upgrades and changes to ILS software and
associated hardware, including the justification for and
testing of new functionally.
• Responds to and diagnoses ILS problems including problem recognition,
research, isolation, and identification of resolution
• Provides level two support to Help Desk for troubleshooting and resolving
complex ILS problems
• Develops and maintains ILS project and support documentation for both
technical and user audiences.
• Collaborates with various stakeholders to identify and implement new ILS
technologies to enhance library services.
• Provides leadership, and demonstrates initiative and enthusiasm for
eiNetwork's mission with technology and the libraries.
• Job duties will include both project management and hands on technical work,
so qualified candidates should have current experience in both areas.
_**EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:**_
• One to three years recent experience in technical support of enterprise
class application system including project management
experience. Experience with an Integrated Library System
• Familiarity with the MARC record and authority control.
• Experience with a variety of technology tools including Excel, Access, and
scripting languages such as Auto IT, VBScript, PHP, Java, etc.
• Knowledge of relational databases and database query languages.
• Excellent communication skills with multiple audience groups.
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and assignments concurrently
• Team-oriented and customer focused.
• Demonstrated leadership, accountability, passion, determination, and sense
• Embraces change and constantly develops stretch goals.
Submit a letter of interest and a resume via email to
[log in to unmask] A review of
resumes/applications will continue until the position is filled.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/841/