LISTSERV mailing list manager LISTSERV 16.5

Help for NDSA-CONTENT Archives


NDSA-CONTENT Archives

NDSA-CONTENT Archives


NDSA-CONTENT@LISTS.CLIR.ORG


View:

Message:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

Font:

Proportional Font

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

NDSA-CONTENT Home

NDSA-CONTENT Home

NDSA-CONTENT  March 2012, Week 2

NDSA-CONTENT March 2012, Week 2

Subject:

Meeting Minutes from March 7

From:

"Grotke, Abigail" <[log in to unmask]>

Reply-To:

The NDSA Content working group list <[log in to unmask]>

Date:

Thu, 8 Mar 2012 09:59:20 -0500

Content-Type:

text/plain

Parts/Attachments:

Parts/Attachments

text/plain (147 lines)

Meeting minutes from yesterday posted here and below: http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Content_WG_March_7,_2012_Meeting_Minutes

NDSA Content Working Group March 7, 2012 11:03-11:40 am


Attendees (18)

 *   Baker, Timothy D. | Maryland State Archives | [log in to unmask]
 *   Cornwall, Daniel | Alaska State Library | [log in to unmask]
 *   Grotke, Abbie | Web Archiving Team Lead, Library of Congress, and Co-Chair of the NDSA Content Working Group | [log in to unmask] | 202-707-2833 | @agrotke
 *   Hanna, Kristine | Internet Archive | [log in to unmask]
 *   Hartman, Cathy | Associate Dean of Libraries, University of North Texas/ Co-Chair of the NDSA Content Working Group | [log in to unmask]
 *   Howard, Rachel | Digital Initiatives Librarian, University of Louisville | [log in to unmask]
 *   Knies, Jennie | Manager, Digital Collections, University of Maryland | [log in to unmask]
 *   McAninch, Glen | Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives | [log in to unmask]
 *   McMillan, Gail | Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University | [log in to unmask]
 *   Moffatt, Christie | National Library of Medicine | [log in to unmask]
 *   Nicholson, Shawn | Assistant Director of Libraries| Michigan State University | [log in to unmask]
 *   Rau, Erik | Hagley Museum and Library | [log in to unmask]
 *   Reib, Linda | Arizona State Library, Archives, and Public Records | [log in to unmask]
 *   Rossum, Deborah |Digital Content Manager| SCOLA |712-566-2202| [log in to unmask]
 *   Seneca, Tracy | California Digital Library | [log in to unmask]
 *   Stierholz, Katrina |Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis | [log in to unmask]
 *   Weise, John | Manager of the Digital Library Production Service (DLPS) at the University of Michigan | [log in to unmask]
 *   Wurl, Joel | National Endowment for the Humanities | [log in to unmask]

Agenda

Cathy (C) reviewed the agenda.

 *   Discussion of the membership and organization of the content teams
 *   Update from the Geospatial Content Team
 *   Updates from action teams
 *   Schedule next meeting of the full Content WG membership

Update on Content Registry Action Team

Daniel (up early in Alaska) provided an update on Content Registry Action Team.

Spreadsheet issue straightened out. Needs volunteer to import it into ViewShare. Then pub. The reg form and digital preservation levels.

Background: digital preservation registry. Goal to create a resource to show what institutions are preserving what content at what level, i.e. definition of digit preservation-hardware, administrative policies, commitments; 3 levels each. Wants to have this info at a glance for resources of successful preservation efforts. Looked at existing registries and found that they were all actually digitization registries, not preservation registries. Therefore, created their own registry. Looking at LoC tool ViewShare, which provides geographical and subject perspectives on registry contents.

Needs volunteer w/ViewShare expertise to import and tweak info. Success! [log in to unmask]

To add collections, go here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?pli=1&formkey=dHAwVE9odEVpTzZYdDJqcDJuZzdqRXc6MQ#gid=0

Discussion of the membership and organization of the content teams

http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Content_teams

Some small/one-member teams have been unsuccessful in getting additional members. Try putting out a call to NDSAall listserv, which may result in some new team participants.

 *   Geospatial team has facilitator: Butch Lazorchak
 *   News, Media, and Journalism: facilitator Kristine Hanna
 *   Science, Mathematics, Technology and Medicine: Christie Moffatt
 *   Social Sciences: Jared Lyle
 *   No one yet for Arts or Government Teams.

Reporting for Geospatial team that met on Feb. 29: Glen McAninch

Several from GeoMap project. Discussed risks to preserving this info. Worked on mission statement. A: See wiki; edits through March 15. Then discuss future activities.

C: Did the template work well or not? A starting point. Feel free to add to it and to change headers. Use it to get the discussion going.

Glen: It was OK. A place to start. A number of technical issues. Put a call out for people to respond with issues and obstacles and risk factors.

Glen: good representation: gov, preservation, geospatial. First time bringing all these together. This is a follow-up to the GeoMap Project.

C&A will facilitate Big Picture Group.

Facilitators: call meetings, be sure notes are taken, communicate. Everyone in group is to participate. Facilitator is not a lifetime role.

Glen: in 2 groups. Government is logical fit. Government Team is based on an institution, rather than a subject. He volunteered to call a meeting of this rather amorphous group/topic. Who would take the reins?

C: in first meeting come to grips with the amorphous content-divide it; focus on one area initially-not whole topic focus from the beginning.

Glen: need for local government rep.

Linda Reib: will have time in April to help. Will co-facilitate w/Glen.

Glen: need an email registry of team members to agree on a time for first meeting.

Thanks to Glen and Linda for stepping up today.

A&C: co-facilitator is working really well. A: There are project pages on wiki to store information for each group/team.

Business and Economics: facilitator needed

Politics and Law: LoC folks being solicited. C: just let this one sit quietly for now.

Science, Mathematics, Technology and Medicine: Christie, facilitator, will organize a call this week or next. A: Trevor and Abbey P will be in touch. A: Park Service rep is coming. C: post a query to NDSA-all.

Social Science: Jared is the facilitator.

Shawn: Team has met once, outlined a path. Will focus 1st on statistics and numerical data. Started a Google Doc before moving to more public wiki.

History: facilitator needed

Arts & Humanities: facilitator needed

Religion and Philosophy: no members

Education: put this on hold after trying NDSA-all.

C&A: will continue to get unassigned members to commit.

Updates from action teams

See Daniel's above.

A:

 *   Debrief: Web archiving survey conducted in Oct. 2011-she's been working on this. Chuck and someone at NYU will help.
 *   Non-update on blog preservation plugin. Wordpress is not responding.
 *   C: possible code? Creative Commons plugins to Wordpress.
 *   Need to regroup and decide how to proceed.
 *   Partnership is not developing as initially implied.



Schedule next meeting of the full Content WG membership

Every other month.

A: April and then June? Next meeting will be April 4th at 11 ET. June 6 will be the next following meeting. C: Content Teams-all should meet in the meantime and post to wiki.

Joel Wurl suggested informal get together at IIPC. C: will use listserv to organize this.

A: April 30-May 30: International Internet Preservation consortium meeting at LoC. Monday, April 30th will be an open symposium (other days are members only). More details http://netpreserve.org/events/2012ga.php

Many thanks to Gail for taking minutes today!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abbie Grotke | Web Archiving Team Lead | Office of Strategic Initiatives
National Digital Information and Infrastructure Preservation Program | Library of Congress
http://www.loc.gov/webarchiving/ | http://www.digitalpreservation.gov<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/>
202-707-2833 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | @agrotke


############################

To unsubscribe from the NDSA-CONTENT list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://list.digitalpreservation.gov/SCRIPTS/WA-DIGITAL.EXE?SUBED1=NDSA-CONTENT&A=1

Top of Message | Previous Page | Permalink

Advanced Options


Options

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password


Search Archives

Search Archives


Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe


Archives

June 2021
May 2021
April 2021
March 2021
February 2021
January 2021
September 2020
June 2020
February 2019
May 2018
March 2018
February 2017
December 2016
November 2016
October 2016
September 2016
August 2016
July 2016
June 2016
May 2016
April 2016
March 2016
February 2016
January 2016
December 2015
November 2015
October 2015
September 2015
July 2015
June 2015
May 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
May 2014
April 2014
March 2014, Week 2
March 2014, Week 1
March 2014
February 2014, Week 4
February 2014, Week 2
February 2014, Week 1
January 2014, Week 4
January 2014, Week 3
January 2014, Week 2
January 2014, Week 1
December 2013, Week 1
November 2013, Week 2
November 2013, Week 1
October 2013, Week 5
October 2013, Week 3
October 2013, Week 2
September 2013, Week 5
September 2013, Week 4
September 2013, Week 3
August 2013, Week 5
August 2013, Week 4
August 2013, Week 3
August 2013, Week 2
August 2013, Week 1
July 2013, Week 5
July 2013, Week 4
July 2013, Week 3
July 2013, Week 2
July 2013, Week 1
June 2013, Week 3
June 2013, Week 2
June 2013, Week 1
May 2013, Week 4
May 2013, Week 3
May 2013, Week 2
May 2013, Week 1
April 2013, Week 5
April 2013, Week 4
April 2013, Week 3
April 2013, Week 2
April 2013, Week 1
March 2013, Week 5
March 2013, Week 2
March 2013, Week 1
February 2013, Week 3
February 2013, Week 2
January 2013, Week 5
January 2013, Week 4
January 2013, Week 3
January 2013, Week 2
December 2012, Week 1
November 2012, Week 5
November 2012, Week 3
November 2012, Week 2
November 2012, Week 1
October 2012, Week 5
October 2012, Week 4
October 2012, Week 1
September 2012, Week 3
September 2012, Week 2
September 2012, Week 1
August 2012, Week 5
August 2012, Week 4
August 2012, Week 2
August 2012, Week 1
July 2012, Week 5
July 2012, Week 3
July 2012, Week 1
June 2012, Week 3
June 2012, Week 2
June 2012, Week 1
May 2012, Week 2
May 2012, Week 1
April 2012, Week 4
April 2012, Week 3
April 2012, Week 2
April 2012, Week 1
March 2012, Week 4
March 2012, Week 3
March 2012, Week 2
March 2012, Week 1
February 2012, Week 2
February 2012, Week 1
January 2012, Week 5
January 2012, Week 4
January 2012, Week 3
January 2012, Week 2
January 2012, Week 1
December 2011, Week 5
December 2011, Week 3
December 2011, Week 2
December 2011, Week 1
November 2011, Week 3
November 2011, Week 1
October 2011, Week 5
October 2011, Week 3
October 2011, Week 2
October 2011, Week 1
September 2011, Week 5
September 2011, Week 4
September 2011, Week 3
September 2011, Week 2
September 2011, Week 1
August 2011, Week 4
August 2011, Week 3
August 2011, Week 1
July 2011, Week 4
July 2011, Week 3
July 2011, Week 2
July 2011, Week 1
June 2011, Week 4
June 2011, Week 2
June 2011, Week 1
May 2011, Week 5
May 2011, Week 1
April 2011, Week 4
April 2011, Week 3
April 2011, Week 2
April 2011, Week 1
March 2011, Week 5
March 2011, Week 1
February 2011, Week 2
February 2011, Week 1
January 2011, Week 3
January 2011, Week 2
January 2011, Week 1
December 2010, Week 3
December 2010, Week 2
December 2010, Week 1
November 2010, Week 3
November 2010, Week 2
November 2010, Week 1
October 2010, Week 5
October 2010, Week 4
October 2010, Week 2
September 2010, Week 4
September 2010, Week 3
September 2010, Week 2
September 2010, Week 1
August 2010, Week 5

ATOM RSS1 RSS2



LISTS.CLIR.ORG

CataList Email List Search Powered by the LISTSERV Email List Manager