The Linda Hall Library, the nation's largest independent research library
devoted to the support of research and scholarship in the fields of science,
engineering, and technology, is taking applications for the Head of
Information Technology Services. Scholars, students, researchers, academic
institutions, and businesses across the nation and around the world use the
Library's collections to explore and increase knowledge.
Reporting to the Director of Innovative Technologies and Library Resource
Management, the Head of Information Technology Services
will manage all aspects of library information technology as deployed or
planned at the Library, including information technology systems, networked
information delivery, and authentication systems; oversee
hardware and software specific to the Library (including web services,
financial management, telephone system, network security, and information
access and production technologies); and supervise two full-time staff
* Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and oversee complex projects, meet deadlines, and prioritize work in alignment with the service goals of the Library.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience with integrated library systems, computer hardware and software, network operating systems, and other discovery systems.
* Commitment to technological innovation and ability to define, plan, and implement the next generation of library information systems
* Administrative experience managing Unix/Linux servers and Apple and Windows workstations within a Microsoft Windows Active Directory Domain; working knowledge of LDAP and other middleware authentication systems
* Demonstrated knowledge of SQL server databases and reporting systems
* Managerial and supervisory skills, including excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
* Experience with the Ex Libris suite of library products and services
* Experience in leading the conceptual design, development, and implementation of next-generation digital initiatives and information technology services, including website content management systems
* Experience in managing various technologies such as application systems, server and network infrastructure, public/staff computing areas, digital collections
* Experience coordinating and/or conducting technology training
* 3-5 years experience working in a library environment
* ALA accredited MLS, advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
This position operates in a normal library environment and involves standing
or sitting for extended periods, repetitive movements, and the ability to move
between floors within the library.
To apply, please submit an application (available at
http://www.lindahall.org/employment), cover letter, resume, and references to
[log in to unmask] by Friday, May 18, 2012.
Linda Hall Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Linda Hall Library
5109 Cherry St.
Kansas City, MO 64110
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/912/