The Georgia Institute of Technology Library invites applications from creative, highly technical and innovative professionals to join the Library Information Technology and Development department to bring user-centered library technology to the Georgia Tech library community. The primary responsibility of the position is to develop, implement and support complex software systems and library applications. The position will provide programming expertise and support a variety of library systems including but not limited to the integrated library system, proxy server, web and mobile applications, and digital library repositories.
* Analyze user requirements, determine technical level of effort required and prepare technical design and specifications.
* Develop, test and implement technical solutions. Prepare application test plans and conduct unit, integration and system testing.
* Analyze, modify and maintain existing applications.
* Prepare technical, operational and user related documentation in support of applications.
* Provide technical support to functional users, determining and solving systems and programming issues.
* Assist in conducting informal and formal end user training.
* Advise on and review work of other analysts as needed.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.Provide programming support for library applications, systems and technologies that will increase and improve access to academic resources.
* Work collaboratively with other library developers to support a variety of commercial and open source systems.
* Develop, maintain and enhance integration between library systems, other campus systems and cloud services.
* Serve as a technical lead for the integration of library resources into the campus course management system and the development of a customized library web page for students.
* Education: Bachelor’s Degree
* Work Experience: four to five years job related experience. (Experience working in a library environment.)
* Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge and skills in application of query language, web development tools, procedural development tools, relational databases, structured programming and understanding of the software development life cycle.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer/information science/systems or an equivalent degree.
* Five years programming experience.
* High proficiency in at least two of these programming languages: PHP, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby, or XSLT.
* Working knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL.
* Working knowledge of Integrated Library Systems.
* Experience with Content Management Systems.
* Competence with UNIX and Linux operating systems.
* Experience with open source software.
* Strong analytical problem-solving capabilities and technical expertise.
* Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team.
Applicants with a Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited college or university in library science or information and library sciences will be considered for a Georgia Tech librarian/faculty position.
Candidates must apply through the http://careers.gatech.edu/career-paths/staff-opportunities-taleo site for consideration. Please reference Requisition #: 0166251
Technology & Systems Librarian
Library and Information Center
Georgia Institute of Technology
704 Cherry St
Atlanta, Ga 30332