Apologies for the cross postings . . . . . .
LAC Group is seeking a full-time Senior Research Analyst for a long-term position working on site at the prestigious United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Washington, DC. In order to be considered, candidates for the role of Senior Research Analyst must have a Master's or Doctorate in public health or in a related field, with emphasis on health, population and nutrition, as well as experience in international development. The Senior Research Analyst will be part of a dynamic, multi-unit team of information professionals. Must be a United States Citizen in order to be considered.
* Conduct both traditional and online secondary research, using USAID and external sources
* Independently respond to research requests from USAID program officers, discuss research needs, and prepare responses that synthesize and analyze information. Responses may include literature reviews, descriptive papers, memos, and annotated bibliographies.
* Train and mentor junior research staff wherever required
* Provide courteous and professional service to clients
* Provide content for sector-specific or regional web pages and blogs
* Engage in outreach efforts to raise awareness of research services
* Offer guidance to the USAID library as requested to advise on collection development in specific subject areas
* Provide input to the Library Services, Knowledge Management and Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC) teams, whenever appropriate
* At least 4 years of experience in the field of public health
* Previous international development experience or with a particular region of the developing world; experience with USAID is desirable
* Foreign language capability is desirable
* Minimum of a Master's in a field related to public health
* Must be a United States Citizen
LAC Group is an EOE/AA Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
For more information, please visit http://goo.gl/pilzs
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/LAC_Jobs