We are still accepting applications for this position until April 9. Please share with any and all interested parties. Thanks,
TITLE: IT Systems Manager, Software Systems Development & Research
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience; comprehensive benefits
The University of Maryland Libraries is seeking a Senior Manager for the Software Systems Development & Research (SSDR) department. SSDR provides leadership in the development, integration, testing and deployment of digital library software systems and tools at the Information Technology Division (ITD) of the University of Maryland Libraries. The SSDR Manager will be responsible for gathering technical requirements from 16 University System of Maryland Libraries, which form a state-wide consortium, and coordinate development of tools and services for member institutions. In coordinating efforts to come up with designs that meet the varied needs of the Consortium member libraries, the SSDR Manager will be responsible for the research, development, deployment, support and management of library application software and software systems; and for the integration, implementation, and maintenance of software to provide acquisition, curation, preservation, access and discovery services to the libraries’ collections. The software development activities encompass all phases of software development lifecycle, including implementation of interfaces to other software systems, development of Web interfaces and user interfaces for the tools developed in SSDR.
The SSDR Manager serves as a senior member of the Information Technology Division (ITD), reporting to the Associate Dean of Information Technology at the University of Maryland Libraries. The incumbent provides leadership and direct supervision to a professional team of software developers and architects. The SSDR Manager will be responsible for developing and managing budgets for approved projects and initiatives of the department.
* A Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer or Information Sciences, Information Management, Information Systems or related field.
* A minimum of three (3) years of experience in information technology and/or software development.
* A minimum of five (5) years experience in a supervisory and managerial role (e.g. project leader, project manager, program manager).
* Familiarity with library software applications and systems, as well as new trends/developments in this field.
* Experience with commercial and/or open source library software solutions.
* Knowledge of and experience with applying project management principles (PMP certification preferred).
* Experience managing software application development lifecycle.
* Experience supporting applications running in Unix/Linux and Windows environment(s).
* Programming and/or database administration experience.
* Experience delivering presentations.
Please use the following URL for the full position description:
Interested Applicants can use the following link to access the application: https://jobs.umd.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56619
APPLICATIONS: Electronic applications required. Please apply online at https://jobs.umd.edu. No relocation assistance will be provided. You must be legally able to work in the United States; the University of Maryland Libraries will not sponsor individuals for employment. An application consists of a cover letter which includes the source of advertisement, a resume, and names/e-mail addresses of three references.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and accepted until April 9, 2012.
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Assistant Dean for Digital Humanities Research, University of Maryland Libraries
Associate Director, Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities (MITH)
301.405.8506 | @trevormunoz on Twitter | http://trevormunoz.com