Polk Library at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is searching for an
innovative, tech-focused librarian to join our growing
team. UW Oshkosh is the largest of Wisconsin's
comprehensive universities, a sustainability-focused campus located on the Fox
River. We're adding a Systems Librarian position to a CS-
degree-heavy library technology group to improve the quality of our online
services. You'd be managing our ILS (typical), but also a
growing number of open source and locally developed services; you would also
coordinate our usability testing program to keep us on
track. We have a brand new CMS-based website to improve,
one or possibly two new resource discovery solutions to implement in the
coming year, and plenty of ideas in the pipeline. We're
looking for applicants with tech skills, energy, and a broad concept of what
libraries can and should be doing online.
Responsible for the support and assessment of the library's expanding web-
based services. As part of the Library Technology Services
team, work with web development, desktop support and other staff to
continually maintain and improve these services, now the primary points of
patron contact with the library. Manage the core resource
discovery and integrated library systems as well as innovative open source and
locally developed services in order to maximize access to academic information
for students, faculty and staff. Lead user testing and
other assessment of technology services to ensure that they meet current
patron needs and usability expectations. Recent graduates
are encouraged to apply.
* Master's degree from an ALA accredited school of Library or Information Science; or Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
* Working knowledge of XML, HTML and related web technologies.
* Familiarity with library services, especially in an academic library context.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Experience with any core library technology systems: integrated library system, resource discovery, federated search, link resolver, proxy server, interlibrary loan or e-reserve systems.
* Experience with user testing of software systems
* Experience with Linux or related server environments.
* Experience with any programming languages.
* Broad vision of a modern academic library's role online.
**Full details and application process:**
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/930/