[apologies for multi-posting]
Equinox Software, a growing and dynamic software development and support
company based in Duluth, Georgia, is seeking a talented and dedicated
Support Specialist. This position is responsible for providing technical
support to our customers for several open source systems for libraries,
including Koha and Evergreen.
We are looking for the following qualities in a candidate:
* The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* The ability and desire to dig deep to solve technical problems while
keeping the customer's ultimate goal always in mind.
* Ability to work well in a team environment.
* Strong customer service focus.
* A continual desire not to just do the job, but to also figure out how to
do it better.
The following skills and knowledge are essential for success in this
* Two years of experience using the Linux command line.
* One year of experience using SQL to query relational databases.
* Familiarity with at least one scripting language such as Perl and
Python is preferred.
CSS is preferred.
* Familiarity with library practices is preferred.
* Experience operating or managing an integrated library system,
particularly Koha and/or Evergreen, is preferred.
* A MLS or equivalent degree is preferred.
Summary of essential job functions:.
* Providing excellent technical support to Equinox customers with other
team members on the help desk. This includes helping troubleshoot
problems, assist customers with configuration changes, and helping to
advise our customers on how to make the best use of the software we support.
* Providing continual status updates to internal and external customers
via our ticket system.
* Assisting Equinox's Operations Team with light system administration
tasks such as log analysis.
Equinox offers a strong benefits package including family health,
dental, and vision insurance, fully paid for by the company. We also
offer a 401k plan with matching contributions. Salary starts at $40,000
a year but is negotiable and commensurate with experience. This
position is based on Duluth, Georgia.
Please send your resume, 3 professional references, and salary
requirements to [log in to unmask]
Director of Support and Implementation
Equinox Software, Inc. / The Open Source Experts
email: [log in to unmask]
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell: +1 404-984-4366
Supporting Koha and Evergreen: http://koha-community.org &