The Digital Asset Manager is directly responsible for the evaluation,
selection, implementation, and management of a digital asset management system
as well as the creation and management of the metadata, policies, and
procedures related to digital assets. The ultimate goal of this position is to
ensure that all records are able to be accessed by staff and the general
The Digital Assets Manager will:
* Conduct a broad inventory of digital assets stored throughout the Museum.
* Develop detailed requirements for a digital asset management system.
* Train staff on the use of the DAMS.
* Work closely with IT staff to ensure the reliability and security of the DAMS.
* Following best practices, develop policies for the digitization of the Museum's collections in association with other divisions.
* Develop and/or adopt metadata standards for digital assets and train staff on their proper use.
* Develop policies and procedures for the ingest of digital assets into the DAMS. Train staff accordingly and monitor compliance.
* Create policies and procedures related to the intake of born digital collections.
* Develop and implement digital preservation strategies.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidate will have 3-5 years of experience managing digital asset
management systems. Preference will be given to candidates that have selected
and implemented digital asset management systems and have experience crafting
institutional digital preservation strategies;experience and familiarity with
a wide variety of DAMS including 2 or more years of experience managing a
DAMS; knowledge of current best practices related to DAM metadata, processes,
and preservation strategies including 3-4 years working with DAM specific
metadata; superior technical communication with staff who have a wide range of
technical competence - a writing sample will be required. MLIS or equivalent.
Background in history a plus.
The Missouri History Museum offers a competitive salary and complete benefits
package. Please submit letter of interest and resume to:
Missouri History Museum
PO Box 11940
St. Louis, MO 63112-0040
Resumes may also be forwarded to [log in to unmask]
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/941/