New York University Abu Dhabi seeks to appoint a Data Service Library
Associate to select, acquire, manage, and deliver numeric data collections to
support campus research and scholarship. The incumbent will work closely with
NYU librarians in Abu Dhabi and in New York as well as technologists, faculty,
and students to develop a new Data Service Studio in Abu Dhabi.
* Build data collections and facilitate access to additional data resources
* Engage in outreach to faculty and students through subject and departmental liaison activities
* Design and conduct data literacy instruction
* Participate in reference and consultation activities as a part of the NYU-Abu Dhabi Library team
* Provide and develop innovative services in support of research, teaching, and learning
* Teach research strategies in a variety of contexts
**Qualifications/Required Education **
* ALA-accredited MLS or accepted international equivalent.
* Knowledge of public and proprietary resources for national and international numeric and geospatial data.
* Knowledge of trends in data management and description.
Academic background or significant experience with a discipline relevant to
the social sciences such as Economics, Political Science, Public Policy, or
* 1+ years' experience working in libraries, including research, bibliographic instruction and/or reference work.
* Working knowledge of software for statistical and geospatial analysis (e.g. SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, GIS applications)
* Experience working in an academic library.
**Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities **
* Flexibility, creativity, and a strong customer service commitment.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to establish positive long-distance working relationships with NYU Libraries in New York and to work collegially within a small, highly collaborative local unit.
* Demonstrated history of flexibility, creativity, and strong customer service commitment.
* Excellent English language communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a complex organization.
**Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities**
Competence in a language other than English.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/965/