Weill Cornell Medical College Library seeks a dynamic,
energetic,knowledgeable and self-motivated librarian to
provide leadership to thelibrary and its partners for data
services and resource discovery through theapplication of
metadata and intellectual access activities. Reports to
Associate Director, Resources Management.The data
services/metadata librarian supports the creation, discovery of
andaccess to the institution's data and to the library's
digital and print contentthrough consultation, metadata
creation, analysis, enrichment, andmaintenance according to
local and national cataloging and metadatastandards.
* Provide metadata consulting and project analysis services for facultymembers and students in support of their teaching, research, andlearning needs; prepare metadata profiles for implementation and/or and serve as a lead person for metadata related issues andproblem solving.
* Provide expertise and leadership in developing numeric and geospatialdata services and promoting these services to the institution.
* Develop and conduct outreach, workshops, and course-relatedinstruction to support data analysis, metadata creation and datacuration.
* Collaborate with health and life sciences librarians at CornellUniversity and Hunter College to further e-science initiatives.
* Assist in the development of a collection of resources and data setsappropriate to WCMC and the Clinical Translation Science Center.
* Advise on policies, standards and workflows for acquisition, description,access, and preservation of print and digital information. Performoriginal cataloging as required.
* Supervise .25 FTE copy-cataloger.
* Graduate degree in library/information science from an ALAaccredited institution orthe completion of significant courseworktowards the degree.
* Advanced degree in basic sciences and/or significant biomedicalbackground preferred but not required.
* Experience with statistical software (SPSS, SAS, STATA), and withGIS software such as ArcGIS and ArcView preferred.
* Demonstrated expertise in the use of numeric data resources and anunderstanding of the application of numeric data in biomedicalsciences.
* Knowledge and experience with metadata and cataloging standardsand schema such as Dublin Core, METS, MODS, AACR2, RDA, MeSH,and NLM classification.
* Excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills andteaching/presentation skills.
* Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
* Demonstrated initiative, the ability to manage multiple projects and acommitment to professional development.
Applicants should send cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names,
addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of 3 references to Anny
Khoubesserian, Administrative Manager, Weill Cornell
MedicalLibrary, 1300 York Ave., New York, NY 10065-4896, or
e-mail to [log in to unmask] The
WeillMedical College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and does not discriminate againstany
employee or applicant for employment based on age, race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, creed,national origin, marital status,
disability, citizenship or veteran status. (EOE/M/F/D/V)
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1367/