EBSCOhost Product Management team is currently seeking a Senior Requirements
Analyst to lead the definition of new products and feature enhancements to our
world-class EBSCOhost Web and Mobile interfaces.
We are seeking an experienced, analytical and innovative leader, able to grasp
the big picture and attend to detail, tenacious about connecting with
stakeholders and diligent about uncovering hidden requirements. The person in
this position serves as the conduit between business stakeholders and the
technical teams, ensuring a common understanding of the goals and constraints
of the project.
This person is involved from ideation through the project life cycle,
directing and facilitating collaboration with cross-functional teams to define
new interfaces and features that serve our users and
business. It is important to be able to balance the needs
of multiple stakeholders, guide teams to the best possible solution, and
advocate for the user throughout the development process.
* Research and author project initiation documents that lay out the business goals, proposed features and risks of new projects.
* Lead the requirements elicitation and definition process, pulling in the right people at the right time and tuning your communications to your audience.
* Write (or work with other analysts to write) clear, complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, feasible requirements.
* Use requirements management tools to collaborate with technical teams throughout the project.
* Stay up to date with industry and competitive trends, sharing your knowledge with the team to foster our innovative and creative culture.
* 5+ years of progressive experience in Information Architecture, Requirements Analysis, or Product Management on complex web-based software, search, or library technology products OR equivalent library industry experience.
* Bachelors degree
* Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs.
* Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
* Listening skills, understand what people say, probe when appropriate and help them to articulate their true needs.
* Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops.
* Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff.
* Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
* Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders.
* Graphics & modeling experience a plus, to represent requirements information in graphical forms (wireframes, flow charts, swim-lanes, etc) that augments written documentation.
* The ideal candidate is familiar with library systems and the library technology industry. Knowledge of online database research products, institutional repositories, or federated search, along with a working knowledge of relevant Web 2.0 and social software applications as they relate to library systems and academic research would be a plus.
Master's degree in library science (MLS) or equivalent from ALA-accredited
school is highly desirable. This is a full-time, onsite
(Ipswich, MA) position. Relocation is an option for the
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1436/