We are now seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work on new projects and
enhance existing solutions for domestic and international markets. Our Search
Engine team is focused on continuously improving the EBSCOhost.com search
experience. Our projects include advanced information-retrieval algorithms,
ranking and search precision, clustering, indexing, speed, scalability &
resource efficiency, manageability and internationalization. Research,
analyze, design, develop and sustain a large-scale, high-volume information
search and retrieval system running on Linux and Windows platforms using
technologies including C++, Java, SQL, and XML.
* Contribute to the design, documentation, and implementation of solutions supporting robust multilingual search solutions.
* Understand and sustain all search components and interfaces.
* Research, prototype and present new search and clustering technologies.
* Contribute to the design of large-scale ontology and vocabulary management technology for multilingual thesauri.
* Work closely with the Search team on relevancy ranking measurement and algorithmic improvements.
* Support QA team on test planning, developing test cases, and test execution during testing phase.
* 5+ year's experience: Search and Information Retrieval technologies and concepts; Natural Language processing and/or machine learning; Working with Unicode and non-Latin character sets and character encoding issues.
* Fluency in at least one Non-English language.
* 2+ year's experience developing context-free grammars and state machines; processing, storing, reporting on large amounts of data; developing projects on Linux; using diagrams, charts and graphs to convey core architecture concepts in a presentation to management
* Excellent verbal communication
* Excellent written communication
* Positive attitude & team player
* Strong analytical abilities
* Innovative Thinker
* Customer Focused
About EBSCO Publishing: What We Offer
EBSCO Publishing is a leading provider of research databases for public
libraries, colleges, universities, schools, hospitals, medical institutions,
corporations and government institutions worldwide. The EBSCO Publishing
Campus is located in Ipswich, Massachusetts along the banks of the Ipswich
River. We are just minutes from the MBTA train stop and we provide 100%
commuter rail reimbursement. EBSCO Publishing offers a competitive employee
benefits package including Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, dental
insurance, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, and a
retirement savings & profit sharing plan. Considered one of the top places to
work in Massachusetts, EBSCO Publishing also offers a subsidized cafeteria,
free coffee, an on-site fitness center with classes, and tuition
About the Information and Technology Department
When you join EBSCO Publishing as a Senior Software Engineer, you will
contribute your skills to the Information Technology Department in Ipswich,
MA. This department consists of the following
teams: database design, development & production, product
management, services engineering, enterprise architecture, enterprise business
intelligence, enterprise systems development, systems & networking, and
application engineering. There are many diverse IT job positions within these
For more information see[https://careers.peopleclick.com/ca
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1437/