The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library is seeking a
creative and energetic Web Developer to help move our Digital Branch to the
next level. The successful candidate will help maintain and build-out
tscpl.org, help develop specialty sites, build searchable databases, and work
on web design. [Go here for more info on the job](http://tscpl.org/employment-
opportunities/web-developer-2/), how to apply, etc.
* A bachelor's degree plus 3-5 years experience building websites and web applications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Web 2.0 mindset and an understanding of Web 2.0 philosophies, including integrating all platforms from podcasts to text messages to handheld devices to social networking platforms.
* Famiiar with WordPress and WordPress plugin development
* Demonstrated ability to seek out and learn new technology
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated commitment to customer service
* Ability to work in and contribute to a diverse team environment
* Must be a self-starter
Desired qualifications include:
* Experience with web 2.0 APIs including del.icio.us, flickr, Google maps, etc.
* Library experience, especially in a public library.
* Design experience would be helpful.
The Web Programmer reports to the Digital Branch and Services
Supervisor. The salary range begins at $46,752 a year and
may be higher depending on qualifications. The library's excellent benefits
include BCBS health and dental insurance at nominal cost to the employee,
retirement through KPERS, and a cafeteria plan, with 22 days vacation and 12
days sick leave earned each year.
To apply, please submit a completed TSCPL application form with a resume and
compelling cover letter, Application forms are available
via the link in the column to the right. The selection committee will be
reviewing applications and candidates until the position is filled.
Appications and supporting materials received by July 29, 2012 will receive
first consideration. A pre- and/or post-employment drug
screen, criminal history record check, and physical capacity test are required
as a condition of employment. EOE
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1438/