The University of Notre Dame's Hesburgh Libraries seeks an innovative and
collegial individual tobring energy, creativity, expertise,
and leadership to the position of Digital Access Librarian.Digital Access Librarian is responsible for envisioning
the information architecture, coordinatinguser experience
and evaluation activities, and collaborating on the implementation of the
webtechnology for the Hesburgh Libraries' web presence.
The Digital Access Librarian enhances the functionality and effectiveness of
the Libraries websitesand online services in support of
teaching, learning, research, and scholarship. The Digital
* coordinates user experience by engaging internal and external stakeholders throughinterviews, teams, usability activities, and other feedback mechanisms to ensure thatuser perspectives are embedded in the planning and execution of the Libraries'website, discovery tools, and web based services,
* collaborates in the design, implementation, information architecture, andmanagement of the website, discovery tools, and web based services.
The Digital Access Librarian:
* collaborates in the design, implementation, and management of the Libraries'website, discovery tools, and web based service using the web standards andimplementation tools currently employed by the Libraries,
* collaborates in the design, implementation, and management of a contentmanagement system for the Libraries, including responsibility for configuration,customization, and user support,
* leads the design, implementation, and management of the Libraries' Intranet,
* leads internal education on deploying web technologies for web content creation,including training internal stakeholders how to write for the web,
* regularly examines the usability of the Libraries' website and conducts usability tests,surveys, focus group interviews, and interprets usage metrics, then collaborates onthe design, modification, and implementation of integrating user feedback andwebsite usage into the website, discovery tools, and web based services,
* leads feedback collection from both internal and external users,
* explores the innovative use of new technologies and evaluates their applicability tothe Libraries,
* monitors trends and best practices in web technology, content management,user engagement, and web based discovery, and
* acts as a liaison between users and technologists.
The Digital Access Librarian reports to the Head of the Web and Information
Department. As a member of the University faculty, the
Digital Access Librarian is expected to
contribute to the profession and stay current with emerging trends in web
technology and the library
* A strong knowledge and demonstrated application of usability, usability testing, andinformation architecture concepts.
* Demonstrated experience in the deployment of information technologies relevant to
* Web site design and maintenance such as XHTML, CSS, and XML.
* Basic experience and knowledge of various metadata schemas and their application,including the ability to effectively apply metadata in traditional and digital libraryenvironments.
* An ALA-accredited MLS degree or equivalent combination of education andexperience.
* Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills
* Strong service orientation.
* The ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and team-orientedenvironment.
* The ability to take a leadership role in group activities.
Salary and Benefits:
Appointment salary and rank are competitive, commensurate with experience and
qualifications. are non-
tenured track members of the Library Faculty. The
University offers an excellent benefits andannual vacation
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1191/