Clemson University Libraries seeks an innovative and motivated professional to
work with a team of vibrant library faculty to envision and implement the
library's E-Science initiatives and serve as faculty liaison for the new
institutional repository. Reporting to the head of the Reference Unit, the
E-Science librarian will provide research assistance, instruction, collection
management, and outreach services for students, faculty, and staff in the
physical and biological sciences. This is a 12-month
tenure-track position with faculty rank and status.
* ALA-accredited MLS degree or equivalent.
* Experience providing research services in the sciences, or a bachelor's degree in a physical or biological science discipline.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Instruction or teaching experience.
* Knowledgeable about physical & biological sciences resources and services.
* Motivated and inspired to reach out to faculty and students and create innovative library services.
* Experience with some aspect of E-Science support.
* Evidence of, or potential for, professional and/or scholarly activity.
**Salary and Benefits**
Minimum: $45,000; rank and competitive salary based on the successful
candidate's qualifications and experience. For a full description of this
position go to: [http://www.clemson.edu/library/lib_overview/jobs/fac/EScilib1
Submit a letter of interest directly addressing the requirements for the
position; your resume; and names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three
professional references electronically as a single attachment in Word or PDF
format to Suzanne Rook Schilf, Chair, E-Science Librarian Search Committee, [r
[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask]
cation%20-%20Code4Lib). Applications received by August 5, 2012 will be
**Jeanne Clery Act**
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure Act requires institutions of higher education to
disclose campus security information including crime statistics for the campus
and surrounding areas. As a current or prospective Clemson
University employee, you have a right to obtain a copy of this information for
this institution. For more information regarding our
Employment, Campus Safety and Benefits, please visit the Human Resources -
Prospective Employees web page shown below: [http://www.clemson.edu/cao/humanr
Clemson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and
does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the
basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion,
sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1455/