LAC Group seeks a Systems Librarian (Product Ops) for a prominent library
technology solutions organization in Northern California. The ideal candidate
for this position will be an enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in a
challenging, fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Please note: Remote employment is not available.
* Provide extensive email and phone customer support to libraries using software products on large multi-user UNIX systems.
* Coordinate support of integrated products.
* Implement and configure options and software for new installations in production and beta environments.
* Participate in the development and support of connector technology
* Provide instruction to staff on features and functionality.
* Assist in the creation and ongoing development of processes and procedural documentation for internal and external use.
* Facilitate communication between various departments.
* Other service and support tasks as needed.
* MLS, MLIS, Computer Science degree or equivalent. Working knowledge of library operations strongly preferred.
* Proficiency with UNIX, Apache, Tomcat, SQL queries.
* Experience with Open URL and link resolver technologies preferred.
* Problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
* Facility for learning new technologies.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide exceptional customer service in a rapidly changing environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
* Scripting skills highly desirable.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while being a positive and supportive team member.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1464/