Under the direction of the Head of the Maps, Data and Government Information
Centre (MADGIC), theincumbent is responsible for the
coordination of electronic resources within the department and in
representingMADGIC digital collection support requirements
to other library departments and externally as required
withrespect to GIS.
The incumbent is responsible for providing general reference and instruction
for maps, data and governmentinformation resources and
manages an assigned area of the MADGIC collection which duties include
collectiondevelopment and reference specialization. The
incumbent develops, manages and delivers library
servicesrelated to geospatial data. (Area assigned is GIS
The incumbent has a leading role in web and social media development for
MADGIC. Participates in other dutiesas required.
* applicants must have an Undergraduate degree plus a Master's degree in Library and Information Science froman accredited library school
* knowledge of GISacquired through university studies or professional practice
* some professional experience providing support for GIS, cartographic and/or government information services,preferably in an academic setting
* knowledge of digital information resources and applications
* demonstratedability to prepare and conduct presentations and teaching sessions related to GIS
* a strong emphasis onclient services.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Strong knowledge of reference techniques and descriptive metadata for print andelectronic informationresources, particularly those relevant to maps, data and government information.
* Experience in developing GIS, geospatial and cartographic collections in support of research and teaching.
* High level of computer literacy and knowledge of digital information resources and applications, includinggeneral Internet use and web content development experience.
* Strong commitment to client services, demonstrated flexibility and willingness to work in a demanding andhighly automated environment.
* Superior communication skills, ability to provide library instruction and effectiveresearch assistance, and towork well in both team‐based and self‐directed environments.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1478/