OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership, computer
library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of
furthering access to the world's information and reducing information costs.
Tens of thousands of libraries around the world use OCLC services to locate,
acquire, catalog, lend and preserve library materials. We are currently
seeking candidates for a Curator, Corporate Heritage position at our Corporate
Headquarters in Dublin (Columbus), Ohio.
* Develop, execute and evaluate the strategic vision and priorities for collecting materials of permanent value to OCLC.
* Develop written policy statements and procedural guidelines for the collection, including access to and use of both public and confidential materials. Monitor and provide reports on the use of collection.
* Assure access to records in compliance with ISO 9001.
* Create metadata to provide access to items and collections and prepare document descriptions and finding aids for use of collections.
* Coordinate corporate records retention policies with other areas (e.g., Finance, Legal, Human Resources, and Marketing).
* Promote the use and understanding of the collections and communicate the value of corporate heritage for public relations and pro bono activities of OCLC.
* Coordinate access to OCLC's digital assets through the top level of the OCLC intranet, the OCLC Library web site, and the OCLC Archive.
* Back up the Electronic Resources Librarian.
* MLS from an ALA-accredited institution or other Master's degree. Concentration in archives preferred.
* Three years' experience in archives
* Knowledge of OCLC and its role in the history of librarianship
* Ability to create original bibliographic records in WorldCat
* Ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
* Excellent verbal, written and analytic communication skills with all levels of users
* Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and manage long-term projects
* Familiarity with integrated library systems, content management software and CONTENTdm desirable
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1557/