(This is a contract job working for CACI at the Library of Congress)
The Software Developer will serve as a member of a Web development team at the
Library of Congress. The candidate will be responsible for participating in
the definition, design, and development of the software, tools and
technologies that satisfy functional requirements, within the scope, schedule,
and priorities as assigned by the project manager and/or technical lead. The
candidate will be responsible for implementation and development for linked
data systems for distributed content management and delivery. The candidate
must be familiar with the entire lifecycle of software development, and have
experience creating and maintaining applications for production environments.
* Be adaptable to working both independently and in a team environment.
* Be a motivated and creative problem solver.
* Exhibit excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Exhibit the ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
* Experience developing and deploying applications in languages (such as Python)
* Understanding of web frameworks, databases, JSON
* Specific experience with Django, jQuery, and Elastic Search a plus
* Comfort with common practices in agile, open-source-style development.
* Ability to troubleshoot in multiple browsers, including mobile browsers.
* Comfortable with Firebug and the Chrome/Safari Developer console
* Ability to communicate clearly with non-programmers.
Typically requires Bachelor's degree (technical field preferred) and 2-5 years
of related experience.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1940/