**Posted by:** Ounce of Prevention Fund
Chicago, IL, US
**Location:** Chicago, Downtown Office
**EXEMPTION STATUS:** Exempt
The Ounce of Prevention Fund seeks a Knowledge Manager with deep experience
leading the capture, organization, and circulation of tacit and explicit
knowledge throughout an organization.
The Knowledge Manager will lead a highly visible company-wide effort to
introduce new strategies, processes, and tools that help improve the flow of
knowledge and information across the Ounce.
The ideal candidate will have previously acted as a knowledge management
executive at a 250+ employee organization, and will have specific experience
bridging across departmental information silos.
The person is expected to operate as both an organization-wide KM strategist
_and as_ a grass-roots KM driver and facilitator. This role will delegate
substantial work to others across the organization as appropriate, but will be
expected to personally execute KM tasks and processes as required so as to
ensure successful outcomes.
Reports to the Chief Technology Officer
**MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS**
* Develop and champion a culture of high performance knowledge management at the Ounce of Prevention Fund
* Develop (and drive) a vision, strategy & process for capturing, organizing and circulating internally and externally sourced news, information and insights in a way that adds measurable value to the work of Ounce staff
* Facilitate staff adoption of Microsoft SharePoint as the organizational standard for document and content management
* Identify tacit (i.e. undocumented) sources of knowledge and information across the organization and design and create explicit knowledge repositories from that information where appropriate
* Develop division-wide, and where possible, organization-wide taxonomies and ontologies so as to enable more meaningful knowledge classification and more efficient knowledge discovery.
* Develop a process which allows the Ounce's internal knowledge to be synthesized and selectively published externally as thought leadership
* Drive the implementation of an existing portfolio of discrete KM actions and investments
* Conceive of net-new KM actions and investments as additional requirements emerge
**EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS**
* Bachelors degree required
* Masters degree in information management, library science, change management or related discipline strongly preferred
* 5+ years experience as a KM manager at a large organization
**KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/ABILITIES**
* Deep Expertise in KM concepts, methodology & success measurement
* Proficient with Microsoft SharePoint as a platform for KM
* Ability to manage and prioritize needs of multiple stakeholders
* Ability to deliver against multiple projects and timelines concurrently
* Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Ability to work autonomously
* Proficient with Microsoft Office
* Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and team-building skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work with a diverse staff at all levels of the organization
* Ability to process and protect confidential information in a professional manner
* Mobility to travel to Ounce sites, as needed
* Must have proficient command of the English language, both verbal and written.
* Ability to clearly hear and understand telephone conversations
* Must be able to manually operate and use a computer and other office equipment.
* Job requires viewing a computer screen approximately 75% of the time.
* Finger dexterity sufficient for typing, filing, handling records, and other office equipment.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
_Ounce of Prevention Fund is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer._
_Ounce of Prevention Fund provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and
employees with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part
of the application and hiring process, please notify us._
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1938/