Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium, New Jersey
Reporting to the Executive Director, the LIBRARY SYSTEM MANAGER is primarily
responsible for managing the integrated library system in use by LMxAC member
* Manages and assumes overall responsibility for the operation of the integrated library system (ILS) and all of its components including the public catalog interface, mobile and social media components.
* Oversees testing and troubleshooting of the ILS software; confers with member library staff on issues of software performance; develops the program to train member library staff in the operation of the system's various modules and updates and creates documentation for the use of library staff.
* Works with member libraries to develop policies and procedures to support interlibrary loan, reciprocal borrowing, common and institution-specific circulation.
* Assures timely testing and implementation of new modules and software upgrades.
* Oversees the creation and maintenance of reports as required by member libraries.
* Serves as the primary contact with SirsiDynix on software application issues.
* Assures the maintenance and integrity of the databases that are a part of the ILS.
* Serves as the primary software application specialist for Acquisitions, Cataloging, Policies/Parameters and Serials.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the LMxAC Executive Director as well as administrative tasks in the absence of the Executive Director.
* MLS degree plus 5 years of experience with library automation software
* Experience with public and academic libraries
* Detailed understanding of library circulation and technical services functions including library database structures and data standards
* Technology skills including experience with API, HTML, Perl and/or Unix.
* Problem solving ability
* Good communication skills - verbal/written
* Good organizational skills - ability to work independently
* Ability to manage and lead staff
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Work is performed at the consortium headquarters as well as at member
libraries throughout Middlesex, Union, and Monmouth
counties. This position requires an active New Jersey
driver's license and the ability to provide transportation to library
sites. The position is scheduled for a 35-hour work week,
and it requires the ability to work on a flexible schedule, with regularly
scheduled on-call times and occasional evening and/or weekend
hours. Physical requirements include ability to move around
the facility, walk, sit, bend, climb, kneel, stoop, and carry; lift up to 15
pounds, or greater with assistance; and perform other efforts such as moving a
Compensation Range and Benefits
The salary range is $70,000 to $80,000. A full benefits
package is provided.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/2074/