Apologies for cross-posting.
Lehigh University is accepting applications for the following two positions:
Director of Library Technology <#Director_of_Library_Technology> *
* Sr. Library Systems Analyst <#Sr._Library_Systems_Analyst_> (search
About Lehigh University and Library & Technology Services
Position descriptions are below:
Director of Library Technology*
The Lehigh University Libraries invites nominations and applications for
the newly created position of Director of Library Technology. Reporting
to the Vice Provost for Library and Technology Services (LTS), this
position is responsible for the collaborative development and
implementation of the library's technology and digital content strategy.
The Director will provide leadership in the following areas:
* Kuali OLE Project: Plan, implement, and oversee the long-term
development of the Kuali Open Library Environment initiative, a
community-source enterprise library management suite planned for
go-live in summer 2013.
* Infrastructure and Systems: Direct the libraries' technology
infrastructure and systems including but not limited to library
management systems, support of enterprise library applications and
services, network and cloud storage, and the libraries' web presence.
* Digital Library: Lead the continued development of Lehigh's digital
library presence. This includes but is not limited to: the
collaborative development, maintenance and use of digital library
collections and the deployment and management of Lehigh's digital
repository and digital publishing platforms.
* Works closely with the Vice Provost, LTS Directors, faculty,
librarians, students, and other stakeholders to deliver a shared
vision for library technology.
* Leads the Library Technology team supervising a staff of 4.5 FTE.
* Participates in strategic and operational planning, budget
management, and administrative decision-making.
* Serves as a member of the Vice Provost's leadership group.
* Works collegially and collaboratively with systems analysts in
Lehigh's infrastructure and support teams.
* Develops partnerships and collaborations; plans and facilitates the
success of digital projects in the libraries and on campus.
* Establishes and maintains contacts with peer institutions and with
the professional community to stay abreast of standards, best
practices, and tools that facilitate and promote digital collection
development and access, including standards, guidelines and
practices developed by RLG, OCLC, DLF, CNI and others.
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Library Science, or Management
Information Systems preferred or equivalent combination of education
* Demonstrated experience with library systems and digital library
management, such as Kuali OLE, SirsiDynix Symphony, CONTENTdm and
* Demonstrated ability with open source software projects, such as
VuFind, eXtensible Catalog NCIP Toolkit.
* Working knowledge of discovery and indexing applications, such as
Apache Solr Lucene.
* Demonstrated experience with data modeling, database design, and
business analysis techniques.
* Working knowledge of programming techniques and languages, SQL, and
managing server systems, particularly in Linux and Unix environments.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and determine appropriate hardware
and software features for implementation. Previous programming
* Strong familiarity with the life cycle management of digital content
or how digital resources are acquired, described, preserved, and
delivered to students and faculty to support learning, teaching and
* Demonstrated commitment to user-centered services.
* Strong analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
* Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee complex projects in a
fast-paced team environment.
* Demonstrated ability to work with faculty and staff in articulating
and achieving goals.
*To apply, please visit: *
*Sr. Library Systems Analyst *
Lehigh University is currently looking for a Senior Library Systems
Analyst. This position performs professional and technical duties in
support of the digital library and library applications & systems. This
position provides business analysis functions for library management
applications, provides system administration for Linux-based application
servers, and manages the Library's Drupal powered website. This position
will serve as the technical contact for Kuali OLE and third-party
1. Manage and support systems for direct user access to online
electronic library materials, such as Kuali OLE, SFX, EZProxy, and
the XC NCIP Toolkit
2. Manage and support systems for digital library (DL) and special
collections access and content management, such as CONTENTdm, VuDL,
Omeka, and locally-created database applications.
3. Manage and support Drupal content management system for Library
website and blog
4. Perform business analysis functions (business, workflow, and data
requirements) for library management applications, including Kuali
OLE, VuFind, and Digital Library.
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Three to five years related work experience
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
4. Solid analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work
5. Excellent computer skills with experience with system/programming
techniques, specifically in Linux, Drupal, PHP, and MySQL, as well
as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
Additional experience with Java, Oracle, CONTENTdm, SFX preferred
but not required.
6. Ability to create and manipulate databases
7. Ability to program at an intermediate level
8. Successful completion of standard background checks including but
not limited to: social security verification, education
verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle
checks and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
This position will be open until filled; first review of applications
will begin on Monday, September 17, 2012.
*To apply, please visit: *
*About Lehigh University and Library & Technology Services*
Lehigh University is a premier residential research university offering
majors and programs in four colleges: The College of Arts and Sciences,
The College of Business and Economics, The College of Education and The
P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science. More than 4,700
undergraduate and 2,000 graduate students attend Lehigh. Located in
Pennsylvania's scenic Lehigh Valley, the campus is situated on 1,600
acres in close proximity to both New York City and Philadelphia.
Library and Technology Services (LTS) is one of higher education's most
successful merged library and technology organizations. LTS encompasses
the library, computing, telecommunications, distance education,
administrative systems, and faculty development. Lehigh Libraries is a
founding partner of the Kuali OLE Project which kicked off in July 2010.
The goal is to develop the first system developed by, and for, academic
and research libraries for managing and delivering academic content.
Manager, Library Technical Services
Library & Technology Services
30 Library Drive - Bethlehem, PA - 18015
610.758.3040 - [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>