As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics
Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems
engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in
the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security,
intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With
approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT
enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and
provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is
an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases,
including security, access, and documentation.
* Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
* Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
* Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
* Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
* Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
* Tests designed applications.
* Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
* Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the
equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or
0-2 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
Operations IRAQI FREEDOM, NEW DAWN and ENDURING FREEDOM have resulted in the
mass migration of millions of documents back to USCENTCOM, which takes over
the responsibility of managing this record material at the end of a mission.
Concomitantly, USCENTCOM will take over the responsibility of managing record
material from future contingency events.
The contractor shall provide electronic records analysis and support to the
Command in organizing and managing this massive digital collection for
preservation purposes in order to meet our legal obligations under the Federal
Records Act. Additionally, the contractor is responsible for assisting in the
roll out TRIM 7.1 to the Directorates/SSOs both at HQCENTCOM and Command
Forward Headquarters (CFH). The contractor will be responsible for working on
setting up document queues based on each Directorates file plan so records can
be mapped into TRIM as part of an automatic process. The contractor shall
support the TRIM/SharePoint integration as part of a greater Knowledge
Management program initiated by the Chief of Staff.
The contractor shall provide records management support of the OIF and OND War
Records migration, including work on organizing records the Command receives
from OIF/OND, purging redundant records, migrating final records into TRIM and
adding required metadata to documents so records are properly tagged for
quicker research and retrieval.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/2122/