OPEN PERIOD: Monday, August 27, 2012 to Friday, August 31, 2012
THE UNITED STATES HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL MUSEUM is America's national institution
for the documentation, study, and interpretation of Holocaust history, and
serves as this country's memorial to the millions of people murdered during
the Holocaust. The Museum's primary mission is to advance
and disseminate knowledge about this unprecedented tragedy;
to preserve the memory of those who suffered; and to encourage its visitors to
reflect upon the moral and spiritual questions raised by the events of the
Holocaust as well as their own responsibilities as citizens of a
democracy. Visit us at www.ushmm.org.
This position is located in the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum,
Marketing Office, Digital Engagement Division. The Division
is responsibile for the development and implementation of all digital
marketing platforms to transmit the Museum's message beyond its
walls. The incumbent coordinates and integrates social
media outreach beyond the Museum's Web site and engage multiple audiences
using existing and emerging digital assets including, but not limited to
social networking sites, file sharing sites, virtual worlds, pod casts,
* Applicants must apply on line via the USAJOBS website by 11:59 pm eastern
* time on the closing date of the announcement.
* Excellent project management skills and organizational ability.
* Excellent research and analytical skills.
* Skill in pesonal computers.
Create content for, update, monitor and moderate the Museum's social media
accounts (e.g. Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, etc.) on a daily basis.
* Lead the development and implementation of, a social media policy for Museum staff, volunteers, and interns, and a strategic plan to use social media to stay connected with existing Museum audiences and reach new audiences.
* Coordinate production and distribution of content and programs via social media to support Museum initiatives across offices, divisions and branches.
* Consult with staff across divisions, recommend appropriate applications, and manage social media tools that support their programs and initiatives.
* Collect and analyze data on the performance of Museum social media. Synthesize data into meaningful audience engagement reports.
* Research and identify appropriate social media technologies that best meet the needs for Museum programs and initiatives.
* Document best practices in use of social media, especially for non-profits.
* Explore ways to increase the visibility of Museum content beyond its website.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at the DS-7 grade
level or two (2) years of progressively higher level graduate education or a
Master's degree or equivalent.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the
knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the
position and is typically in or related to the position to be filled.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/2173/